Lighting requirements to pass BC inspection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just prepping my 1991 HDJ81 for an oop inspection next week and have a few questions. I have already changed out the jdm spec headlights with E-code LHD ones. I have questions about the side marker lights, reflectors and High mount brake lights.

1. It appears that that the side marker lights have the reflectors built in but the front ones are of the wrong color( clear vs amber). I believe the side marker lights can be either amber or clear but the reflectors must be amber. Is this true or do i need to add separate amber reflectors for the front.

2. It is my understanding that the high mount braked light is not needed on a SUV until 1993, but i have seen some 81's with them on, whats the scoop on this, needed or not?

TIA
Mark

going to move this to the JDM alliance section....

Just prepping my 1991 HDJ81 for an oop inspection next week and have a few questions. I have already changed out the jdm spec headlights with E-code LHD ones. I have questions about the side marker lights, reflectors and High mount brake lights.

1. It appears that that the side marker lights have the reflectors built in but the front ones are of the wrong color( clear vs amber). I believe the side marker lights can be either amber or clear but the reflectors must be amber. Is this true or do i need to add separate amber reflectors for the front.

2. It is my understanding that the high mount braked light is not needed on a SUV until 1993, but i have seen some 81's with them on, whats the scoop on this, needed or not?

TIA
Mark

The answers are in the compliance section of 15years.ca.

I don't know if this will help, but for the 80 series, as far as I've seen (and I've had my truck gone over more than once by an inspector) all you need on the 80 series (mine is a 1990) is to do the headlights and change the side markers to DOT ambers. That's all I did and mine is good to go; been through several inspectors, asked them to check it over, thumbs up every time now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom