Lighting- IPF J01 Vs. Lightforce 240

Discussion in 'Camping & Outdoor Gear' started by Cruiserhead05, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05

Any opinions?

I currently have a set of dual(fog/driving) IPF JO1's lights but wanted to know how people thought they compared to a pair of lightforce 240's
    Thanks.

2. BajaTaco

BajaTaco

I wish that I could give a personal comparison having used both, but I can't. I do have the LightForce 240's and am extremely pleased with them. I started with the 170's, stepped up to the 240's, and I imagine will end up with the HID's at some point. Good stuff.

3. Biff

Biff

I had the Lightforce 240's and sold them to get the Jo1's. Had no problems with my Lightforces, super bright, and very reliable. Just decieded that my needs had changed and wanted the flexability of the J01's.

4. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05

Thanks.

Sounds like they are both great quality, top of the line lights. In the end its personal preference that wins.

5. BajaTaco

BajaTaco

So have you used the J01's yet? If so, how would you compare the two lights with respect to the beam pattern combo of the J01 vs. the adjustable, but singular beam pattern of the 240's?

6. Biff

Biff

In comparison I would say the beam for 240's is longer and wider than the J01's and is more suitable for extreme conditions I used the lights several times and had no complaints. The J01's dual beam pattern is more flexible which helps in more general conditions, this is more what I needed my lights for. For what its worth I like both, just the 240's were to huge on my ARB and way more light than I needed.

7. BajaTaco

BajaTaco

Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.