Lighted Foot wells???   (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the 'showroom brochure' for my 1996. Every once in a while..i will take it out to read. This time something caught my attention. One of the pages states:
"Driver- and passanger-side front door courtesy lamps combine with footwell illumination to ease entry and exit"

My cruiser has the door courtesy lamps...BUT..i cant find the "Footwell" lamps anywhere.

Does anyone have these "footwell" lamps?? if so..where are they?

later,
-Joe-
(ghost96-SOR)

Re: Lighted Foot wells??? Ê

Yeah I have the same brochure. I love reading it sometimes like you do.
I think they are trying to say that the courtesy lamps act also as footwell illuminators. They sorta light up the footwell.

Re: Lighted Foot wells???  

Joe -

I think Wrench is right. If footwell lights would have been put anywhere, it would have been on the 40th Anniversary Edition along with the other cosmetic add-ons.

No footwell lights on my 40th !

Cheers!

-R-

No footwells, but w/ George's LEDs I can see fine. If anyone HASN'T done this, get on the ball - you'll love them.

yep,those led's by george are terrific!!!!!
i just ordered the map light conversion to finish out the interior of my '96 and cant wait to get it done cause that yellow glare is way harsh compared to the cool light of the led's!!!!!

doug

Joe,
Those were mentioned in the brochure because they were not on earlier models. I think 95 was the first year but it may have been 96.

Ditto on George's LED's; dome and door.
-B-

Are they really that good? I mean come on a LED? A bulb is better.

Wench - u gots no clu
grinning-smiley-008.gif
grinning-smiley-010.gif
rainbow.gif
[glow=magenta,5,900]MOFO[/glow]

It's called technology. If LEDs weren't superior, then why do you think that every product is moving towards them and away from from the trad buld?
Don't be so cheap - spend the few bucks and do the upgrade - if you don't like them get your noggin checked.

:-[ :'(

Chear up Wench. If we didn't pick on ya for that, we'd find something else. :D Hell, at least you're not from Canada
icon_lol.gif

Well, I gotta' agree with Junk on this one.

Just installed map and 2 dome conversions....quite a difference!

Anyone got a pic of the door lights?
My aussie GXL dosnt have them but id like to add some if i can.
Even non genuine ones.
Would the wiring be theee in others experience?
I can get a heap of flush mount german vechile lights

And I came in here thinking someone did a lighted foot well or sill plate mod, how disappointing!

J/K I actually took some door lights out of a junkyard cruiser and installed them in the foot wells of my Camaro since factory lighting was dome and map lights only. Makes a world of difference if you don't get them or factory door lights.

This might be the oldest thread resurrection yet!

:lol:

Are they really that good? I mean come on a LED? A bulb is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom