Lifts: around town and highway behavior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TJM 4" springs and XGS Gold shocks. Firm ride but not harsh...and it cruises good, handles well getting on the gas, switching lanes at 80mph, brakes nice and flat and can take a pretty good amount of g's on freeway exit and on-ramps. Do not have any serious off road feed back yet. I have launched it of a nicely humped set of railroad tracks and taken it down some rutted roads. During both those tests the setup has handled the weight of the LC well and the shocks controlling spring movement great. Also during city driving, making abrupt turns and fast stops, the LC is very responsive. So far I am very happy....

The only thing I have noticed, is that my senses can tell that I am sitting up higher because of the greater angles of movement. I am used to rides that are inches off of the ground and not feet above it. However, I am loving every minute of it.

TJM 4" springs and XGS Gold shocks. Firm ride but not harsh...and it cruises good, handles well getting on the gas, switching lanes at 80mph, brakes nice and flat and can take a pretty good amount of g's on freeway exit and on-ramps. Do not have any serious off road feed back yet. I have launched it of a nicely humped set of railroad tracks and taken it down some rutted roads. During both those tests the setup has handled the weight of the LC well and the shocks controlling spring movement great. Also during city driving, making abrupt turns and fast stops, the LC is very responsive. So far I am very happy....

The only thing I have noticed, is that my senses can tell that I am sitting up higher because of the greater angles of movement. I am used to rides that are inches off of the ground and not feet above it. However, I am loving every minute of it.

Good to hear.

My ride won't spend too much time crawling rocks or anything like that.

I'm building it to be my DD during the week, and our family camping / expedition / zombie apocalypse machine on weekends.

Hey Troy,

I would have to say that the best way to go is the 4" lift. I have the OME J's, and running 35's. On the hwy it rides perfect, very solid vehicle. I would do the 4" from the beginning, you will see that a 2.5" it will turn out to look stock after a while.

some cruiser pr0n... jajaja

DSC_0115.jpg

Hey Troy,

I would have to say that the best way to go is the 4" lift. I have the OME J's, and running 35's. On the hwy it rides perfect, very solid vehicle. I would do the 4" from the beginning, you will see that a 2.5" it will turn out to look stock after a while.

DSC_0115.jpg

Frank,

Shouldn't you be talking me out of the 35's and into the 34's? :lol:

I'm torn between these two setups. I'll have a very hard time deciding when I get back on Wednesday.

The only thing against the 4" and 315's at the moment is the parking garage at PBI. My truck spends more time there than in my driveway, so the height may be an issue.

Hey Troy,

DSC_0115.jpg

btw: ALL of your photos are Cruiser pr0n!

Post more photos!

2.5 with 315s. Drives like stock.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using IH8MUD

It's confirmed- I'll be doing 4 inches of lift with 315/75r16 tires.

Suggestions welcome.

I have 3" OME competitions coils in the front and regular Heavies in the rear. s***ty twintubes of moderate-firmness all around (doetsch if you must).

I have no weight in the rear currently (including spare tire, seats, etc) and have about 4" of lift on each end.

The ride is on the harsh side (I've still got the gift of youth though) but has very minimal wallow (for such a vehicle) with the stiff springs (especially front). Caster is corrected with MAF's infamous brackets, which i used for reasons i will not go into. If you drove it like a sportscar it would be the ideal method of caster correction. However, for normal use any caster correction should suffice as long as there is enough of it.

She watches the bank account this time of year :mad:

I'm looking to roll this out in stages; The tires first, the suspension second, and the gears last. It'll probably take 9 months to a year to get everything done.

That's funny, I just did the same but in the exact reverse... gears (Nitro 4.88's), suspension (4" TJM) and tires (Toyo Open Country M/T's - 315's). Mind you I did it all in reverse order in a week...:rolleyes:

On road it drives like a dream, but it might not end with these parts alone. Be forewarned that like many, including myself, you'll need a front double carden shaft to deal with driveline angle changes at the 4" lift mark. I'm also looking at radius arms to cure my spring perch grief.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/650680-tjm-4-lift-install.html

Here's another "hot off the press" 4" install thread...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/614273-finally-pulled-trigger-lift-4-progressive.html

Oh yeah, open up another band account, one for your Cruiser that the wife doesn't see! :p

Oh yeah, open up another band account, one for your Cruiser that the wife doesn't see! :p

Bahaha.

Yeah, I can see this turning into an expensive build!

You have no idea.

Delancy, I wont even start with you...

Each time you undertake a new project, I wonder what organ you sold on the black market to fund it.

Hahaha.

Take your wife for a spa weekend, give her a diamond something, roses and get the tires and the lift the next weekend. She will love you and you will really love your rig.

dontblink said:
I wonder what organ you sold on the black market to fund it.

I can't give the only organ worth anything away (at home, of course).

JimGeorgia said:
Take your wife for a spa weekend, give her a diamond something, roses and get the tires and the lift the next weekend. She will love you and you will really love your rig.

The major flaw with this plans is it's very expensive proposition to maintain. Once you show the proverbial pig Paris, they don't take kindly to returning to the farm.

Diamond something AND a spa weekend for a lift and tires?

You probably haven't been married very long.

Bahahaha.

4.5 Ironman on KM2's improved the ride 100 % on and off road. Is my DD and believe it or not, on the highway behaves better than my daughter's truck which is factory setup. :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom