Lifting the cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
question:

This is a question and will perhaps only stay a question but:

How high are you able to lift a landcruiser?

And does anyone have pics of lifted cruisers?

OneSikKruizer said:
And does anyone have pics of lifted cruisers?

I don't understand :confused:

TY

80 series land cruisers can be lifted anywhere from 2-6 inches depending one which springs you use and if you use additional spacers. The majority of people with 80 run a 2.5 inch Old Man Emu lift. That, with the addition of larger tires will take an 80 pretty far. It all depends on your intention for the rig.

Here is my 80 with 2.5 inch lift and 285/75 tires.
80.jpg

:confused:
how high do you want to go?

The search botton will find you tons of info.

The OME 2.5" kit makes a good all around package. Other than that it depends on what you want, for an illhandling street poser any lift will do. For a taller lift that works well on the street and trail your going to spend real money.

well actually that 2.5 inch looks very pleasing. i would like to go an inch or two higher with bigger tires (30's i believe, still gotta do my homework on this stuff) Actually if i could find the stock 80's rims and go with a bigger tire, i would be satisfied, but they seem hard to find. cruiser head your landcruiser is almost the perfect height. maybe 2 inches higher and im satisfied.

but how much would it run to raise it?

OneSikKruizer said:
well actually that 2.5 inch looks very pleasing. i would like to go an inch or two higher with bigger tires (30's i believe, still gotta do my homework on this stuff) Actually if i could find the stock 80's rims and go with a bigger tire, i would be satisfied, but they seem hard to find. cruiser head your landcruiser is almost the perfect height. maybe 2 inches higher and im satisfied.

but how much would it run to raise it?
80 series rims are not that hard to find. I have 10 sitting in my garage :D

www.sleeoffroad.com has all you need for your suspension needs. sure there are others out there...but they're who I like to deal with. check out their site, give 'em a call. They'll hook you up.

What do you plan on doing with your lifted cruiser...might I ask?

off roading. im new to the landcruiser seen, but dam, when you bring over obstacles, it makes you feel like a king compared to other suv's... actually i want to put 33's on there.

but if you are willing to part with a set of your rims, i will be more than willing to buy. i hate the stocks i have on there now. cant stand em.

Young Jedi you should become one with the search function. :D

reffug said:
Young Jedi you should become one with the search function. :D
Good advice, but this padwa needs more than simple searches.

I suggest that you go to the last page of the 80s tech forum. Starting from the last thread on the last page, read every thread until you come back to this one.

That should give you a pretty good start ;)

And you're in Ontario - virtually the IE (although it has identity issues now that Rancho Cucamonga is hip). Everyone knows that all the lifted cruisers are in NorCal ;) Just look at LX-Treme's ride. What you want is LOWERING springs. All the good trails are in NorCal too. And 33" tires are the max you can fit. 35's are a dream, myth, fantasy - would require so much cutting, welding, mods you'd be better off walking. Anything over 2.5" and 33" tires and it's unsafe, dangerous and would probably flip over and kill you instantly.

Good gawd, why are the old posts even available? Sometimes this site is like Groundhog Day...

ok.. understood.... ill take you guyz advice.. perhaps the 2.5 is the best ride height. ill check the search engine on here for info regarding pricing and parts and etc... thankx

It's not necessarily the best. It is, however more practical for most users. When you go beyond 33" tires, you lose power and have to spend some more to get back to where you were. The only gain for more meat is height and I find that most usefull in floods and river crossings, but it requires more attention when driving around town. You have to watch out for the teeny tiny cars that cozy up to your right side.

A few days ago I was looking at an LC80 that had been lifted like the Arctic LC's. It could lay rubber easily, too easily, and climb like a demon but did a deadly shake at 40kph. Any trailing with that LC would have had to start and end on a trailer.

Kalawang

Riad said:
attachment.php

Is this a Rancho kit? Didn't know they make one for the 80 :confused:

First off, don't worry about that link above not being sen as a pic. You cannot use another pic on this site as the IMG url in another thread.

Second, keep in mind that LX_TREME pulls a lot of stuff from his resources in Japan. So lots of his stuff will not be seen Stateside.

clownmidget said:
Anything over 2.5" and 33" tires and it's unsafe, dangerous and would probably flip over and kill you instantly.

You have no idea how funny that struck me .. thanks for the laugh CM! :cheers:

TY

T Y L E R said:

First off, don't worry about that link above not being sen as a pic. You cannot use another pic on this site as the IMG url in another thread.

Ty,

I'm not very sure about your stmt. I clicked on the link and the shocks and springs rendered properly in another browser like you would reference another thread. It could be browser (I use Firefox) or some other settings.

Regards,
Arnie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom