Lifting point for FJ60 with a 2 post lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
Searched the threads and couldn’t find anything on this issue. I have a Bendpack 10,000 2 post hydraulic lift and want to do the brakes on my 83’ but I can’t find anything in the manual for 60/62 series lift points. I wanted to see if anybody has input on the safest lift points were. Thanks in advance!

Friend of mine has a 2 post mohawk lift iirc. His is offset design and we use some extenders to lift the pads higher to clear the rockers. We place the pads as far along the frame front to back as possible. Usually ends up being near the spring hangers.

I need to lift my '83 FJ60. After reading the the above posts, I get that you want to spread the arms but I would like to know where to line up the posts in relation to the center of gravity. On front wheel drive vehicles I generally center the posts on the "A" pillar/dashboard. I have an asymmetric lift and I feel most comfortable with the post lined up the vehicle's CG. Any experiences/suggestions?? TIA
SimS

I position mine pretty much center of front doors and seems stable to me. Is it the exact COG? No clue but I’ve raised and lowered my 62 countless times.

Jdog, thanks. I followed your advice and it's working great. No rock n roll. Steady as a rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom