Lifting by rollbar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to be lifting my body off my 1970 FJ40, and i was wondering if i can lift it off by putting a strap to the roll bar, and maybe the steering wheel. I have a crane that i can lift it off with, i just need to know if the rollbar can hold the wieght of the body. if not where are other lift points i can use. thanks

steering wheel? It probably is not the best idea to lift by it. the roll bar should be ok, but why not just bolt some chains to the seat mounts or something.

:slap: yeah true, i could do that, i was just thinking of something quick and easy to lift it from. but do u think the roll bar will hold without ripping up the floor. lol. its either that or im gunna run a strap under the rear wheel wel, and soem where below the middle of the door opening.

loosen right side body bolts, remove left side body bolts, jack up left side with floor jack and wood , insert body lift and bolts finger tighten nuts , vice versa on right side, make sure everythings cool , then tighten down. dont take em all out and lift off the body can be a pain in the ass lining back up. :beer:

ooops, too late AKFJ40, lol i already took it off, i wasnt gunna do a body lift anyway. im going to basically do a frameoff restoration. POR15 the frame, axles, and undercoat the tub. soo i kinda needed to take it off to do everything right. It went pretty good though, ahde burn off about 4 bolts. i cant beleive how simple all the wiring is on it, everything was where it shouldve been. I ended up just making a carriage out of 2 10' slings, and a ratchet strap going to one of the holes in the firewall just to keep it balanced. worked out pretty good and my 35 ton crane didnt ahve a trouble lifting the body up lol. soo now i can start sandblasting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom