Lifted Revtek FJ Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looking at OME and REVTEK lifts.....money is a concern so want to make sure that what I can afford is going to last a few years before I have to look for another upgrade...but just bought 5 tires....need rock rails....and maybe a front and rear skid if not whole thing....so cant put a whole wad of cash into suspension but the 295s will rub slightly if I dont.

any comments saying one is much better than other or not for price..

With a little trimming the 295's should fit without any lift on stock wheels, or the right off-set on aftermarket wheels. That's what I would do anyway. I choose skid plates over lift myself.

OME is the better choice from what I've heard, but I haven't used either one myself.

looking at OME and REVTEK lifts.....money is a concern so want to make sure that what I can afford is going to last a few years before I have to look for another upgrade...but just bought 5 tires....need rock rails....and maybe a front and rear skid if not whole thing....so cant put a whole wad of cash into suspension but the 295s will rub slightly if I dont.

any comments saying one is much better than other or not for price..

Choose the OME! You'll regret it in the long run if you choose to go with the RevTek. Just my .02

I compromised......got a set of OME coil springs for front and rear from ToyTec....but going to keep the stock shocks for now. Lets me save some money and only downside is I might not be able to use full articulation of wheel due to a shorter length of travel in shock than what spring would allow......but will let me wait until I put on some other things and then upgrade all four shocks with OME next year this time after I get the other stuff taken care of.

thanks for input...ToyTec was great to order through...every helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom