Lifted 80 drives like krap,, I'm thinking of going back to stock ride height (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought I'd read on here that the OEM steering stabilizer manufacturer was Kayaba/KYB. I bought a KYB KS1008 from Partsouq for $52.34 last year. Looks and works exactly like the (presumably) factory one I took off.

It's still the same price. They also have 45700-60051 for $162.04:

thank you Gents, what I was hoping to hear?? LOL

Looks like yellow bushes pressed into the front brackets, possibly eccentric it does go down the road straight, and the tires stand up nice and straight... shocks are no doubt wasted on the rear, fronts are iffy,, I'm pretty sure I need new tie rod ends,, so yes to all the above, she has 311,000 miles, so yes it no doubt has lot of wear.. nothing will ever drive like that 95 I bought with 97,000 miles,, but I would like to get close.. I imagine I will have to replace the bushings in the front if I go back to stock.. the birfields are not presently making any noise,, so I'm greasing things today..
Sounds like you have a very old kit from skyjacker that is no longer made. I had the same on my 97 fzj80 and it rode like crap.

Sounds like you have a very old kit from skyjacker that is no longer made. I had the same on my 97 fzj80 and it rode like crap.
YES! just like KRAP!!! anyway, that Krap is gone,, I managed to get the front panhard bar off today and pop a tie rod loose to get the bar off the truck, so I'm going to let my buddy press off the old bushes and press the new ones one,,, I think I'm going to let my local privateers do the tie rods and initial alignment,, they did fine with my two G8's, which like the Landcruiser need lots of love once they start to get some miles.. I'm hoping the steering damper shows up here sooner, rather than later!!

but she is driving much better and will be better yet with new panhard bar bushes, tie rod ends, and steering damper!!! or, maybe I'll find some more bad bushies??

You didn't scroll right to see the toyotapartsdeal.com links where they are available at the prices I listed. The parts lists I make typically will have the Partsouq links, even if I don't buy from them, as I like to see the diagrams which help ID parts numbers and help get the odds and ends that sometimes also need to be ordered.

Sounds like you are making good progress on it and know what you are looking for. Add some 80 pictures sometime, it makes the nice folks on this forum happy :)
and I will try to get some pictures up soon, I really haven't been taking them of everything, but I'm pretty happy with how its coming along.
Steering damper is kind of optional. With everything else fresh, it'll drive just fine without one.

They make very little difference on road IMO
Yes, no doubt you are right, when I dropped my panhard rod off with my machinist he just kind of looked at me? Cruiser Fatique

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom