lifted 80 camber bearings. which one for which lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone running these after lifting their 80s???

my Alignment is within speck so I probably don't need these but I'm wondering whos running these

1688505215346.png

What's that source? Wasn't aware of those.

We're gonna use these from ome. 3" ome lift.

View attachment 3365577

Edit; I see it's SLE
I used to run those bushings but they didn’t last they wore out quickly and cracked I’m on a 6” slee lift with slee arms and OEM bushings. It’s been 10 years now no issues.

Is anyone running these after lifting their 80s???

my Alignment is within speck so I probably don't need these but I'm wondering whos running these

View attachment 3365572

A lifted 80 really shouldn't need camber correction.

I have used these in my 91 for caster correction. It's a great method that does not receive the recognition it deserves. Next week I am putting a 3 degree set in my 97.

To determine which set to use one would get an alignment and use the alignment numbers to make the determination. If I only needed 1 more degree of caster to be right I would ignore it. I have never heard of anyone actually using the 1 degree set.

Last edited:
A lifted 80 really shouldn't need camber correction.

I have used these in my 91 for caster correction. It's a great method that does not receive the recognition it deserves. Next week I am putting a 3 degree set in my 97.

To determine which set to use one would get an alignment and use the alignment numbers to make the determination. If I only needed 1 more degree of caster to be right I would ignore it. I have never heard of anyone actually using the 1 degree set.
Is there a tool to center these? How do you know which orientation to put them in?

The better way to correct camber is use different top kinpins but use standard bearings. Not sure where to get custom kingpins from though. Normally camber should never need adjusting.

I've got some positive camber on my 80. It might be the trunion bearings but I am going to get an alignment and then order these bearings based off how far it is off. My issues are when it is under it's own weight, then goes back to normal when not weight bearing.

Is there a tool to center these? How do you know which orientation to put them in?

Idk, I know a lifetime master toyota tech that gives me such a good deal I just let him do all the work on my knuckles. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom