Lift Update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, got everything all set up this afternoon to put on the 850/860s. All the tools were ready, air compressor, impact, etc. all in place. Went to take the lock lugs of the DS wheel and snap!! the freaking little POS tool you use to remove the lock lug broke into 3 pieces. I tried everything but no dice. What a pain in the ass! Now I have to go to some shop and have them get those things off my wheels.
Hopefully, I will be able to get that done tomorrow and have some pictures by Thursday.

Josh

Found this cool little tool in a seach. Might help if you experience stripped lugs or lock lugs that are jacked up like mine
LSR2502, Socket, Lug/Lock, Flip Twist, 7/8"

josh

Last edited:
Josh

Not sure what type of locking lug nut you are using but a trick is to hammer an impact socket on them and buzz them off. It's not necessary to pound the living daylights out of the socket, just a couple sharp blows from a good size hammer. Once you get the nut loose leave it on the stud and tap the side of the socket a few times and the socket will come off.

Last edited:
i will try that! thanks!

Josh

Not sure what type of locking lug nut you are using but a trick is to hammer an impact socket on them and buzz them off. It's not necessary to pound the living daylights out of the socket, just a couple sharp blows from a good size hammer. Once you get the nut loose leave it on the stud and tap the side of the socket a few times and the socket will come off.

I had to do the same thing a month ago. The dealer I bought mine from did not supply the key to the wheel locks. But since I have a long history of working at a tire store, I knew this trick.
I have found that using a standard socket tends to crack less than an impact. And use a 12 point instead of a 6 point because the sharper teeth inside bite better when you hammer it over the lock. Make sure you are using a socket that has a lifetime warranty so you can replace it if it does crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom