Lift springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Kinda a dumb question, but how can I tell how much lift my springs are? Is there really that big of a difference that I should be able to look and see?

Well, eventually you can tell what kind and how much of a lift is on most vehicles from a distance. ;)

So you're sure they're not stock right. What size tires you got on? Post up some pics of your springs and side profile shots of your rig.

EDIT: I read that you have 35's so I'm guessing that you have 4 inch springs. Let's see some pics. :D

Actually I think that they are stock springs. I do have a 2" body lift and some longer shackles, and need a little more lift, maybe even only 2.5". Take a look second that they are in fact stock springs.

Last edited:
Here is another, not very useful though. Good garage shot.

Last edited:
can you fit 35 on stock sua even with a 2" body lift? it looks like there stock though. do you get some mad rubbin?

I havn't actually driven it yet. No tread left on those tires as well so they look smaller. Do you still have your 2.5" from before your SOA camcruiser?

I ran true 35's (35 ssr) with 2.5" springs that were sagged to stock (when I took them off the arc was identical to stock springs). for about a year. I cut a little, and rubbed a little, not that bad. fj40s dont' have any sharp corners so rubbing is ok.

Oh, stock length shackles too

alright I need an opinion....

Do these springs have the same arch? Or do the ones off of the truck have more lift? I need to know cause I need more lift!

Last edited:
jhaha said:
Do these springs have the same arch? Or do the ones off of the truck have more lift? I need to know cause I need more lift!

Hard to tell from a pic, but they look like they will have more arch than a stock spring... You must remember that the free arch (no weight on spring) can be the same for a stock spring and a 2" spring.. but the spring rate of the two can vary widly...

Stock springs have a very noticable taper at the end of the second leaf from the top of the pack. I don't see the taper in the above pictures but it's hard to tell. At the spring hanger end, meaning not the shackle end, the two small bolts that hold the ends of the pins do not reach to touch the spring leaf. So far I haven't seen an aftermarket spring that had such a taper.

just bite the bullet and get 4in lift springs... thats what i had to do. I think theres some HFS longer springs in the forsale section, i'll try and find that for ya. hes askin $400 plus the ride. he says their longer much longer than the regular hfs springs, and give you 4-6in of lift. well worth it

hey fellas..

ive just done a spring upgrade on my bj42 using longer springs and longer shackles..

its a lot more stuffing around but ive found the ride now is pretty comfy.

the springs are from 75 series cruiser and is a mix of 60#(1,2,.,.,5,6,7,8)/75#(3,4) in the rear and 40#(4,5,6,7,8)/75#(1,2,3) in the front.. this has created a better shackle angle than that of the 2" lift springs and std shackles that were on before..

the mixed packs have extended each end out ~2.5" and extended travel over my lifted springs by about 1-2inches.. the change in wheelbase meant a custom driveshafts and retaind stock hanger positions.

the springs i used i purchased 2nd hand and i'm pretty sure they are all stock, cept for the 40 leaves in the front (from my current 2" lifted springs).. I am going to get all the spring packs reset with a 2-3" lift in em hoping they will hold their arch a bit more and still keep the good ride.. with the rear sagging a bit the shackle angle at the rear is just a little TOO extreme..

heres a few pix to show difference springs and stuff..

front end:
- springs used:
DSC02630_sml.jpg

- shackle angle
DSC02635_sml.jpg

rear end:
DSC02618_sml.jpg

IMG_2411a.jpg

40 springs on top, 60 springs on bottom.. missing 3rd,4th 75#(front) leaves
springs.jpg

heres an old side profile shot and you can just see the stock shackle angle..
soft_n_phat.jpg

Last edited:
added another 75 leaf to the front springs this arvo..

so that makes it main, 2nd,3rd leaves are 75 / 4,5,6,7 are 40 leaves..

the shackle angle is improved a bit giving me about 35mm lift back..

DSC02642_sml.jpg

oh.. and yet another front bar

picked up another brakeline and drive shaft for modifying on the front (hj61 rear shaft, need to take 30-40mm out)..

when i let the diff's weight on the springs (without wheels) there was a heap of flex!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom