lift questions

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by CYRUS, Nov 3, 2005.

1. CYRUS

CYRUS

i have 2 questions about lift kits. i've did some search around this forum and noticed that slee/OME lift kits are really dominating the FZ series. i was wondering if anyone has tried this lift kit i found when i was doing some search in the web. if so what can you say about this kit compared to the slee or the OME? since this one has the drop braket, is it any better? link: http://www.man-a-fre.com/pa/4plus80seriesdropbrackets.htm

for my second part of my question, im not sure if im gonna get any answer for this one but might as well try. since im getting a japanese deisel import and its a RHD, would any of those kits mention above work for my "future" truck? just wanted to make sure before i throw in the towel and grab my self a japanese import.

thanx in advance for those who can answer my questions :beer:

2. firetruck41

firetruck41

If you search, there as been alot of discussion about it in the last couple months, there is also a thread in the vendors section about it. There are pros/cons for it, as with any lift. I just don't know enough to give you any more insight than that.

3. CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper SILVER Star

Ben's right, search it out. As for your "future truck" I believe it should work fine. The reason not many people are running the Man-A-Fre lift is it just came out recently. I know that 4wd Toyota Owner Magazine (see Vendors) is putting that lift on their project 80. HTH

4. CYRUS

CYRUS

oki from what ive reaserched. the Mann-A-Fre's idea is to drop the bracket so you still get the lift but not actually a suspension lift. so if thats the case, then you can add a OME lift kit to it too after the drop bracket to make a total of 6" lift but with better geometry which would give you better on road handling. did i get it right?

5. CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper SILVER Star

Kinda, the drop brackets are just to restore factory suspension geometry. They are designed for approx a 4" lift (which Man-A-Fre sales as well). The lift would come from springs (OME, MAF, Slee, Downey, etc.).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.