Lift Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AndersN

SILVER Star
Threads
I was wondering if there was a way that i could run 35's without doing a spring over. I was thinking about 4 inch springs with 2 1/2 inch shackles but im not sure that that will be enough. Also if i am going to run 35's am i going to need to change the gears? Thanks

OME kit with the shackle reversal kit from Man-a-Fre. We installed one on Cookiemonster's ride. You will need to cut the original hangers off the front and weld the new self aligning ones on. Piece of cake. You will get 4" lift with this kit and 3" more articulation.

You will also want to dump the 3.73 gears for some 4.88's. Throw in some lockers too, as it will all be torn apart anyway.

http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessories/OME FJ60 4inch suspension with shackle reversal.htm

omekit-604srk.jpg

sounds good but im only 16 so my budget is kinda limited. Think i could run 35's with the 4 inch springs and 2 1/2 shackles?thanks for your help

ga89hoss said:
I was wondering if there was a way that i could run 35's without doing a spring over. I was thinking about 4 inch springs with 2 1/2 inch shackles but im not sure that that will be enough. Also if i am going to run 35's am i going to need to change the gears? Thanks

You can run 35's with SUA. MAF shackle reversal works. Also a 2.5" spring lift + 1.5" body lift works. Prolly other combo's too. (Spring lift, shackle lift, body lift). Whether you NEED to change gears depends...but prolly you'll WANT to...

Sounds from the last post that budget is an issue (as it is for most of us). Key is to be brutally objective as to what your goals are. Do you want 35's because it's the only way to run the trails you want to run? Or is there a "looks good" aspect too? The reason I bring this up is that a mild lift with shackles/add-a-leafs/body lift (all are cheap) plus 32 or 33 tires creates a very capable trail machine. Add a lunchbox locker, and you are nearly unstoppable on most trails.

I ran 35" with the 4" OME kit, but had too much rubbing, added a 3" body lift, and no problem. :)

35s with stock gears will suck!! 4th gear will only be good for perfectly flat ground or downhill stretches. 33s is the tallest I would go without gears. 4.56s with 35s will result in almost stock final drive.

Corbet said:
Why no SOA? Probably less $$$ than a quality SUA system. Then no problem with 35" tires.
SOA is ONLY cheaper is you do all the work yourself and know what you are doing.

And then it costs a good bit anyway..

ga89hoss said:
sounds good but im only 16 so my budget is kinda limited. Think i could run 35's with the 4 inch springs and 2 1/2 shackles?thanks for your help

Where are you going to get these for cheap? From my research the 4" alcans are more expensive that OME which was posted above.

And no you cant just do those only, you also need bushings, pins, u-bolts, shocks, etc. etc. You also will need new rims (I dont know any 35's that will fit on 6" wide rims.) So as a total you are getting up there (I am in the same boat, had my springs and shackles for over a year. Saving up for shocks and everything else!)

Again from above, why do you want to run 35's? you can run 33's stock and if you want a little lift just do shackles and/or a small body lift(1.5" or less). This will give you the most bang for your $. You may even be able to run 34's with that, there was a thread onhere a little while back about the 34" LTB's.

You say you are 16? I remember those days and all the stuff I wanted to do to my car, etc. Best advice I can give you is think through what you spend $ on. And what you really want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom