lift options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to start a savings fund for a suspension lift on my 84 fj60. I just can't afford putting 1200-2k into a lift from manfre or emu. What options can i look into. I am wanting around 4" but not really sure. I have 2' now but my springs are flat. I may try to have them rearched and see what happens as well. Ideas!!!:clap:

I am going to start a savings fund for a suspension lift on my 84 fj60. I just can't afford putting 1200-2k into a lift from manfre or emu. What options can i look into. I am wanting around 4" but not really sure. I have 2' now but my springs are flat. I may try to have them rearched and see what happens as well. Ideas!!!:clap:

I got my Hell Creek kit for just under a grand delivered. It's not 4", maybe 2-3"? Hard to say since my stockers were flat and it's now much higher than they were.

It's pretty stiff riding at first but is softening up as i put on the miles.

Frank

Don't re-arc. Everyone seems to think that they dont last. Why not do SOA conversion?

If you want a 4" lift you're going to have to pay more than $2000

Old Man Emu is a nice lift with room for 33 inch tires. That is gonna be around $2500 for the lift kit and tires, and then add wheel cost if you want new ones.

SOA is a nice option, but can get very pricey.
Parts that come to mind for SOA are:

-Perches
-U-Bolts
-Shackles
-Bushings
-Extended Brake Lines
-Shocks
-Front Shock Towers
-Driveline modification
-High-Steer Kit
-Gears
-Tires
-Wheels

Like I said that can get pretty pricey after its all said and done.

I think OME is the most cost effective lift for non-hardcore guys (like me)

I didn't have to re-gear, just bought new wheels and tires and everything went smoothly.

Hope that helps!

You can get 4" for under 400$ if ride quality isn't at the top of your list. aal-100$ extended shackles 100$ this will net you 2" at least. 2" body lift 150$ . I did this when I first bought my cruiser. It did excellent off road. cleared 33s with no rubbing. Later I did soa took off the shackles and the bl because I wanted 35s.

This is a picture with the 350$ lift on 33's and 35s. 35s rub to much with less than 6" of lift in my opinion.
DSC01511.jpg
DSC01002copy.jpg

You can get 4" for under 400$ if ride quality isn't at the top of your list. aal-100$ extended shackles 100$ this will net you 2" at least. 2" body lift 150$ . I did this when I first bought my cruiser. It did excellent off road. cleared 33s with no rubbing. Later I did soa took off the shackles and the bl because I wanted 35s.

This is a picture with the 350$ lift on 33's and 35s. 35s rub to much with less than 6" of lift in my opinion.

I am interested in what u did. I do not have the rig as my daily driver and what wheeling i do is mostly mud. So what u just add a leaf, use extended shackles and i guess longer ubolts and brakelines??

I am interested in what u did. I do not have the rig as my daily driver and what wheeling i do is mostly mud. So what u just add a leaf, use extended shackles and i guess longer ubolts and brakelines??

I Did this too, only thing i would or will do is use the MAF add a leaf long leafs too. my front spring were so flat that they were resting on the bump stops... so after using the short leafs I wish i would have used a longer one

soo flat!!
188.jpg
186.jpg
187.jpg

I used the long aal from Man-a-free. Honestly after the first trip they rode decent. From measuring I gained almost 2" from the long aal, i'm sure my springs were sagging but I did take the measurment after they were on for a month. Took about 3 hours to install. I'm in AZ so all the bolts still come off nice though. I replaced the bushings at this time as well.

Extended shackles from SOR. I got the 2 1/4 over stock length.

I made my own 2' bl out of alluminum. Cost about 150$. Bought round aluminum, I think 2 1/2" and the metal shop I bought it from (IMS) chopped it into 2 inch pucks. I drilled out the center. Bought roller material also works but breaks down over time. Some are worried about bimetalic corrosion with aluminum but I had mine on for 3 years with absolutely none to be found when I removed it last month so I don't see it as a concern. Roger Brown also sells a complete kit for not to much money either. As far as bolts, the cruiser has 8 bolts that are the same and 4 bolts that are the same. 4 Longer bolts, 8 shorter. Just measure and buy them 2 inches longer. The only thing I had to mod for the 2" was loosening the steering and re tightening after the blocks were on, and moving the fan shround slightly. I did all of this in about 4 hours. I can't remember anymore on the bl, but since 2" of it is bl you can probably get by with stock size brake lines.

Heres Another Pic, Honestly it may have been a tad over 4" even, it looked slightly taller than ome with shackle reversal.

It flexed extremely well, I was very surprised. Couldn't beat it for the money. I still have the shackles now that I think about it I might post them up in the classified. Gimpey, my springs looked about like yours before the long aal.
landcruiserpic.jpg
Land cruiser.jpg

i'm gonna keep the info u gave me handy. May try this out in the fall. Thanks for all the information. gabe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom