Lift Needed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright so I am about 2 weeks away from ordering my SAS kit from TrailGear. I know a few people on here have advised to stay away from TrailGear but the general concensus I have gotten from here, Yotatech, and pirate is that its all the same. The price, goodies and free shipping is what won me over. I know all that about their springs sag down an inch some times but I am willing to deal with it.

I plan to run 36x12.5 Goodyear OZ's then 36x12.5 TSL's in the future. I've seen a truck with 4" suspension and 2" body lift that seems to fit them pretty good. I was just wondering if I could go any lower without rubbing. I dont want to hammer fenders or anything just wondering what size springs to order the kit with. I know that the lift is spring size +1" due to the spring mounting bracket in the front so what size springs should I get?

i stuffed 35's on my strait axle truck with a 4" lift. its fine in back full flex to full droop. but the front isnt so good.

it rubs on hard turns and flexing turns. it could use an extra 2" up front.
my *plan* is to chop off the front spring perch, add a 1.5" drop mount and re weld it, and replace the rear shackles with some colossal 2.5" shackles.

Trail gear has been great to work with I did a 5" hd sas kit with 2"body lift will clear 36'' or 37" tires at full stuff if you plan on winch or heavy bumper order HD springs. I am puting 4.3l with 4l60e toy 23 spline dual case setup 5.29 detroit f/r.

The sawzall is your friend here.....;p

Move the front axle as far forward as you can to help the front tires clear the rear of the front fenders.

Good luck.

I had procomp front springs on my 80- crawler with stock shackles, they actually flexed pretty well for stiff cheap springs (better than most cheap springs) 33" ltbs rubbed the firewall side of the fender, a little trimming, and a bunch of swift wacks with a BFH helped, but redrilling spring perches, using different springs that relocated the axle, axle relocation plates, and a dropped spring hanger (or atleast a reasonable combo of these things) would have helped a lot. The front is a lot easier to trim than the back, especially if done properly. If you actually cut into the firewall and weld in a new piece, you can make a lot more room.

Yeah I ordered 5" springs so 6" lift and gonna keep my 2" body. It should sit at 8" at first but sag into 6.5-7".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom