Lift Leaf Spring Indentificaton 551844 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I picked up a set of lift springs for my 55, and I’m having trouble identifying them. They have a part number 551844, and Made in Canada stickers. This is all I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated -Tom

Last edited:
Bet they are old man a fre “4”” lift springs. Raining right now but I can check my springs for numbers later. If they are then it’ll take some time for them to sag into proper postition, or you can relocate your fixed eye hangers 1” toward their respective axles. Mine have been bearing weight of flatbed with tools, then popup camper for about 6-7 years and just now starting to sag a bit... all in all, not unhappy with them.

Bet they are old man a fre “4”” lift springs. Raining right now but I can check my springs for numbers later. If they are then it’ll take some time for them to sag into proper postition, or you can relocate your fixed eye hangers 1” toward their respective axles. Mine have been bearing weight of flatbed with tools, then popup camper for about 6-7 years and just now starting to sag a bit... all in all, not unhappy with them.

I’d appreciate the help. I was thinking they are either MAF or Pro Comp. I’ve scoured the internet with that part number and couldn’t find anything.

I’d appreciate the help. I was thinking they are either MAF or Pro Comp. I’ve scoured the internet with that part number and couldn’t find anything.
Read post #6. Posting this from my cell phone and I'm struggling with the new fourm format.

I can confirm, 551844- rear fj55 4” lift spring purchased from MAF circa 2008ish, maybe earlier... NLA from what I understand

Now that I know what they are, it seems like a mixed bag of opinions on how they perform. I’m glad I picked them up cheap. I liked that they had sliders on the leaf tips, but didn’t like the spring clamps. Atlas here in CA said they’d install the bolt through style leaf clamps for ~$40 per spring pack. I’m sure they’d be able to give me guidance on spring rates too since many people say these are overly stiff. Thanks for all your help guys!

Atlas does spring clamps? Awesome. I bet removing the shortest leaf or two makes these super slinky

I had the 'ol MAF 4" springs. They're ok. Kinda stiff.
I spent the money and had custom Alcan's made. Well worth the money.
Just make sure you give them EXACT info regarding your rig. They know 55's very well

I had the 'ol MAF 4" springs. They're ok. Kinda stiff.
I spent the money and had custom Alcan's made. Well worth the money.
Just make sure you give them EXACT info regarding your rig. They know 55's very well
If only Alcan was as close to me as Atlas. Since Atlas offers 55 springs, I’m hoping they have some experience with 55’s and can get these MAF’s dialed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom