Lift Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are some of the different lift options for my fj60? I've searched and have not found a lot of options. Tax money coming in and looking for a suspension lift. Looking to run 33's.
I would like to hear yall's opinions on ride quality and mild wheelin. Best out there and best for the money as well.

Thanks,
Mike

I think that 90% of people on here are going to tell you to get an OME lift kit. I personally get mad every time I see the price for an fj60 lift kit. There is no way I will ever be able to convince myself that spending 1500 dollars on a lift is ok. Dont get me wrong I REALLY want my 60 lifted, but just cant do it.

If your only goal is to run 33's you can just do add-a-leafs for 1/5 the price of OME. Probably not the best ride quality or suspension travel off road, but in terms of bang/$, not a bad option.

Another thing that would work for 33" Tires and be tons cheaper would be to throw in some AAL's if you are sagging and put 2" body lift on. You will have to clearance the 4wd shifter, and drop the radiator, but the grand total in price will be like $300 maybe. The nice thing about a body lift is it gives you more room to work on the frame if you need it. Bad thing is it raises your COG without improving articulation. Also if you haven't done the 2-lo mod, while you are modifying the 4wd shift would be the perfect time to do it. And when dropping the radiator, modify the shroud.

I have a used OME heavy kit off my brown 60 no shocks $600 plus the ride ... Springs, shackles, pins no shocks

Not sure if BDS lifts are still available - i have a set on one of my 60's and like the ride over tired OEM...

There were some blowout deals on ebay as well you might keep an eye out for. And parting out section here on Mud similar to Kling-on above...

Anyone ever used Hell Creek on there FJ60's? That's another lift I've seen for 60's.

How about any other lift, becides OME. I'm just trying to look at all my options, before I take the plung.

How about any other lift, becides OME. I'm just trying to look at all my options, before I take the plung.

While we're at it I'll stick me neck out and say something many of you are sure to chuckle about- What the hell is an OME lift?? Huh? Let's identify exactly what you mean by that please. ;) Thank you kindly.....

While we're at it I'll stick me neck out and say something many of you are sure to chuckle about- What the hell is an OME lift?? Huh? Let's identify exactly what you mean by that please. ;) Thank you kindly.....

Old Man Emu

look around on the cruiser outfitters web site and man-a-fre web site. I like the OME lift kit, heavy/heavy. It is expensive but I think that has to do with the low production runs. I have the OME and have no regrets. Talk to Kurt at Cruier Outfitters. Stock suspension on the LC just does not cut it.. If you truck is stock and you run 33 tires...you'll most likely need 4.11 gears in my view.

I'm in the market - maybe in the summer - too, so I don't have any experience to add, but what about HFS from Cool Cruisers?Springs HFS™ FJ40/60/62

They're a bit cheaper than OME, but it doesn't appear to come with the same goodies either.

WW

you'll need front sway bar extensions too, and for the rear if you have installed a sway bar at the rear. potentially you may want to install new brake lines. With stock engine and running 33 tires...you will really loose some low end power unless you change the R&P.

33x10.5 fit on stock rims and fit stock unsaggy 60s.

If you are cheap and not picky throw on some AAL for $150 shipped from MAF, you can upgrade shocks and bushings later. You can ditch your swaybar. If you add ext. shackles to this setup, your shackle angle will be shot but if you can weld you can move the mounts inboard. If you add a body lift, keep it at 1", might have to clearance fan shroud but not a big deal.

If you have $1,400 and your bushings, shocks and springs are shot plus you are planning to keep your ride for a long time get the OME.

If you want other options, Alcan, Mojave etc. do an extensive search here, there is a ton of info.

Thanks Bud ! Appreciate that, now I'm educated. ;)

What are the advantages/disadvantages of a spring-over ?? My 62 is stock( I like the ride ). My thoughts are springover, 4:88's and 35's with an Aussie locker in the rear. ???

I went with the Ironman 2.5 lift kit. I have been really happy with the lift. running 33" toyo M/T, go to Camel4x4.com lift cost $1027.20 i belive thats what i paid.
100_0170.jpg
LL_large.jpg

I think bang for your buck now days is the mojave kit from man-a-fre. It gives you a little more lift than the rest and it looks to be well designed. If I didn't go SOA thats what I would have bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom