Lift Gate Lock Rod Clip??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Maybe someone has had this problem, hopefully.

The outside Liftgate handle connects to the control assembly with a little yellow clip, on a threaded adjustment rod, with a pretty unique post mount.

The little yellow clip looks nearly like those in the doors. You can get the door clip easily, and though they are very similar looking, they don't interchange, and can't be modified without an advanced degree in plastic manufacturing

The one for the lift gate doesn't seem to have a toyota part number, and you can't purchase it separately from the control assembly ($225 vs $0.95). A used one, if I can find one, probably can't be removed without breaking, as they become brittle. Anyone know of a source? I tried manafre, and spectre, and spectre said they possibly have a used one? (Probably going to be brittle)

1996, Landcruiser. Ain't much of a truck when you can't open the back. Thanks for any help.

I bought a new one from a Toyota Dealer last year. Took the old clip in to match it.

Anyone have a part number for this? I saw a post here FJ80 Rear Lift Gate Won't Open that said CDan sold them, but obviously he's no longer an option.

20150815_150632-jpg.1120450

until you find one, you might spray some silicon on it to remove / reinstall to avoid breaking it?

until you find one, you might spray some silicon on it to remove / reinstall to avoid breaking it?

Oh mine has been broken for about a year, I'm just finally tired of climbing in through the back door to open the hatch from the inside.

Oh mine has been broken for about a year, I'm just finally tired of climbing in through the back door to open the hatch from the inside.

oh, sorry, I should have realized, I was just removing my hood latch because the little hook was sticking, and broke the plastic end of the cable, that locates the cable outer so the outer remains fixed while pulling the latch..........I had to order a new cable, and thought, if only I had sprayed something on that plastic it might have come off without breaking.........oh well, I now have a new latch and cable, should be good for another 20 years

Anyone have a part number for this? I saw a post here FJ80 Rear Lift Gate Won't Open that said CDan sold them, but obviously he's no longer an option.

We get that clip at a local paint and body supply store, may look to see what you have locally? The one isn't exactly the same, but close enough to be serviceable.

*Bump*

Good afternoon mud does anyone have the part numbers for the right tailgate latch clips?

I used the yellow clip in the Amazon link I posted, worked perfectly.

Awesome thanks for this.
Did the yellow work for both sides? I saw on Amazon there was a yellow and white package also.

Concur. May have to do some slight shaving with the clips (razor blade) but they will work. Referring to the clip needed for the exterior tailgate latch to work as intended.

Correction, I noticed the lower clip looks different, Wondering what worked for others

Screenshot_20210810-112955~2.png

Finally got the right one today after a few tries...................

69293-22020

It's the big yellow one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom