Lift and Tire Size? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When one spends too much time around @ExpoMax, you start to think up some crazy stuff. I figured it best to start a thread before I get too far along. It all started with my '91 that I purchased early June of '18. during the second day of ownership I was trekking over I70 in Colorado and was promptly welcomed by some violent shaking. After limping back to town I was informed that there was no compression in cylinder #6. With little knowledge of what I had, I quickly decided to rebuild the 3FE to get the truck up and running as soon as possible. After all was working and straight I lightly modded with a 2.5in dobinson lift, 37's, some Stealth Custom Series F5's, and a dorkle. As much as I liked it I knew I wanted more, and that's what got me here.
image0.jpeg

As of now, the truck is torn apart. After a few weekends of work, the entirety of the drivetrain is out, as well as the gas tank. Going in will be a 600hp 6.0 Vortec with a 4l80e to an NP203 (Chevy) to NP205 (Ford) doubler. Front axle is an 05+ Superduty with stock 35 spline inner and outers. Rear is a 14 bolt with ruffstuff disc brake conversion. It is unbelievable how much more material the one ton stuff has compared to stock cruiser which is considered beefy for its application.

IMG_2386.jpg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

what are you doing for a gas tank with the centered rear?

That’s a lot of axle per vehicle weight and size. Do you have an idea of the weight difference? The improved braking should be awesome.

When one spends too much time around @ExpoMax, you start to think up some crazy stuff. I figured it best to start a thread before I get too far along. It all started with my '91 that I purchased early June of '18. during the second day of ownership I was trekking over I70 in Colorado and was promptly welcomed by some violent shaking. After limping back to town I was informed that there was no compression in cylinder #6. With little knowledge of what I had, I quickly decided to rebuild the 3FE to get the truck up and running as soon as possible. After all was working and straight I lightly modded with a 2.5in dobinson lift, 37's, some Stealth Custom Series F5's, and a dorkle. As much as I liked it I knew I wanted more, and that's what got me here.View attachment 2175422

Are those white F5s? If so profile pic please... on my short list

That’s a lot of axle per vehicle weight and size. Do you have an idea of the weight difference? The improved braking should be awesome.
I’m excited to see the difference. I have a set of 40’s to mount up, with the wheeling I have in mind I think they will be a necessity. Also, I don’t think the stock driveline would hold up well to high hp and torque to a tire that large.

So, I want to say somthing clever like um.... does this mean you going to take out the 3rd row? But that just would be stupid. Sorry you had to read that. Hey I need some rear cone bumps.

But seriously let the show begin.:popcorn:

What is done to the 6.0 to make it 600hp? I can tell you right now that is probably not going to be as enjoyable as a stock engine in this application

What is done to the 6.0 to make it 600hp? I can tell you right now that is probably not going to be as enjoyable as a stock engine in this application
More in the high 500s, mild cam, bigger bore, maintained most of the lower end torque. Should be perfect. When you are used to a 3fe as a daily at 6,000+ ft...

I’m excited to see the difference. I have a set of 40’s to mount up, with the wheeling I have in mind I think they will be a necessity. Also, I don’t think the stock driveline would hold up well to high hp and torque to a tire that large.

Neither will the body........ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What converter are you planning on? That will make all the difference. Don’t cheap out here.

bump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom