Life of factory lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like your idea of swapping the axles and sprucing up the other truck and selling it..... If you plan on staying with stock gearing. If you have any intentions of a gear change at some point I think I’d keep what you have and put a Harrop in the rear at that time.

With the amount of miles on the locked axles I’d plan on rebuilding them during the switch so keep that expense and time in mind while bidding.

That said, my 94 has locked axles from a ‘96 under it.

Hey guys.. the locked 93 sold for $3460 plus 13% auction fees and taxes. Probably just shy of 5k total. Too much for me haha. I bid up to $3360. I’ll look at other locker options. After watching a few YouTube videos I think I could do the install myself. Thanks for the help and advice!

If you go down the swap path vs. installing aftermarket, you should be able to find axles for less than $3K as they come through salvage yards and other sellers. Note that locked ones do move somewhat quickly, particularly if at lower prices in good condition, as they have use in builds outside of 80s.

Not certain where you are, but some private sellers in the Denver CO area have some listed on craigslist now as well. Prices and condition are yours to evaluate, but links below.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-80 Front Differential with Electric Locker. -...

Set of E-lockers axles for 97 Toyota Land Cruiser , Lexus lx 450 -...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom