Life after blown HG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
4x4love.com
My rig recently went through a serious "hart attack" - blown HG. Finally I have managed to fix it but at the same time I lost faith in its durability.

I can say that I am a petrol-head and I do care about my rigs. I also had a few vehicles in my stable so far - 80 was the first who failed me. Nevertheless I would like to give it another try.

Could you give me a hint and tell how to properly handle a rig after HG job? I am still planning to conduct a 2000 miles trip to beautiful Transylvania (Romania) coming summer.

yup, the consensus seems to be that the HG is the major weak link in the 80, but that it is indeed permanently fixed with a new design HG. This whole HG affair is a notable anomaly in the otherwise great durability of the rig. One other thing I would have a look at at least before going on a long trip away from cities is the PHH.
Don't worry about it, it's a great rig.

I will add to the above description that besides regular HG job I took care after valves too.

What about some quarantine, let's say 100-300 miles of easy ride? The whole new set up shouldn't settle down?

I would like to be 100% sure that I will not make any mistake at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom