Lichen loving landcruiser ! Aveeno active naturals ! lol (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well my 80 is parked outside in the weather permanently. It gets shaded a fair bit of the day by trees and the neighbour's property.

I've discover a bit of lichen around the roof gutters before (not on the roof) but now I've found that there is lichen growing where the top of the front windscreen interfaces with the body at the rubber seal!

I'm going to try and remove it, but I guarantee it'll come back because whatever is making it grow there will remain probably in the gap between the rubber and the bodywork due to moisture getting into the small space, and it's been quite wet overall for a good cpl of years in Eastern Oz now.

I love lichen as it's natural and good to see, but perhaps not good on my 80 trusty white non clearcoated paint and bodywork. :cool:

It actually looks like the old wood post for my mailbox (near the ocean).

Last edited:
A marker of clean air. Tons of lichens in my corner of the globe as well, but I like to keep it off the truck 😜

Last edited:
The original paintwork is very rough not smooth/shiny anymore so it is probably a good 'growing medium' for lichen, mould, etc.

Here you go, a good clean and buff then ceramic polish, good as new:

Here you go, a good clean and buff then ceramic polish, good as new:

Fùckin Jim's!! :rolleyes:

Started as a legit mowing service. They have franchised everything you can think of.
Jim's has become a living meme

Screenshot_20230528_205943_Brave.jpg
th-2465733383.jpg
th-1321191297.jpg
th-327133138.jpg
th-601631296.jpg
th-3521155576.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom