License Plate Bracket / Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We have a '73 FJ40 that had a hard top with ambulance doors on it. We cut the ambulance doors off at tub height, welded the two lower doors together and still have two ambulance doors up top.

Getting power to a tailgate license plate holder is going to be much harder now with the tailgate all welded up. We should have thought of that before.

I was wondering if anyone has tailgate mount / bracket ideas. I was thinking that we could mount it to the swing out spare tire carrier.

Thanks for your help.

Shouldn’t it still be able to be mounted in the same place? I don’t really understand your problem. Do you have pics?

Shouldn’t it still be able to be mounted in the same place? I don’t really understand your problem. Do you have pics?
We welded up the "tailgate" and think it would be a booger to run the wires to get power for the license plate light.

Drill a hole on the side of the door and one thru the back at the plate light… use a mechanics wire or welding wire … snake it thru … tie off elect wire to the snake and pull thru

Shouldn’t be too bad

Use a grommet on both holes

Not sure if you want to go this route but I got tired of moving my license plate whenever I took the top off. It's now mounted between the bumperettes with a different light and I haven't had to move it for years. While it's not the OEM location, some FJ45s mount the license plate in a similar way and it's easy to hide the wiring.

fotor_1675759609984.jpg

Last edited:
alternative OEM inspired ideas that require a FIT FORM and FUNCTIONAL icing on the cake final details that matter needed solution ..?

Call for an alternative OEM Parts application outside the TEq box mind set approach …

matter do details ...

DDD587B0-E105-4AFA-92CD-7DD750EF8D30.jpeg
E9496FEF-9B16-47E0-B7DA-A66E2F039908.jpeg
20B8E7E1-D49C-4E28-9E21-2E2997911564.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom