For Sale LHD1990 Land Cruise LJ73 Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got bumped up on the list answering a message. Will post my Land Cruiser back for sale soon . Unfortunately, still have to find a new owner for this amazing truck. Now, the LJ73 is getting a new fresh paint and all of the rust has been repaired.

20191016_092620_LI.jpg

Last edited:
I am local to this truck. If someone is highly interested, I could meet the seller local to me and give an assessment or oversee a PPI.

Good luck to the seller! @calsbeek, are you in need of another?

Reactions: JTU
Seller, what is the story with the Quebec license plates? Do you have photos of the truck with it registered and plated in Vermont? Was it formally entered and are all of the import paperwork available for review?

Hello, The pictures posted are from when I bought it and imported to USA. All the paperwork are available. It has been almost 4 years that I have the vehicle. So far I have changed the Full exhaust system, front windshield frame, timing belt, water pump, lots of seals and bunch of suspension parts. It really is one of the kind vehicles that was imported to Canada from Austria in 1990 and I bought it and imported to USA. Thre are some body work needs to be done rear body panel above the wheels and couple spots on the rear door. The Chassis and undercarriage is very clean and healthy. Wouldnt let this go if I had enough storage and money to keep working on it.

For what it is worth those European spec LJ70/73's are really nice and comfortable to drive and the 2LT with the R151 transmission are fun and reliable. I grew up with them and owned a few when I was younger and put a few 100K miles on these. The LJ's can actually keep up with modern day traffic better then the BJ's with the 3B (unless you Turbo it of course)

GLWS

Sorry for the off topic, any idea who makes the side bars attached to the frp top?

Thanks. Glws

For what it is worth those European spec LJ70/73's are really nice and comfortable to drive and the 2LT with the R151 transmission are fun and reliable. I grew up with them and owned a few when I was younger and put a few 100K miles on these. The LJ's can actually keep up with modern day traffic better then the BJ's with the 3B (unless you Turbo it of course)

GLWS
Thank Joekatana, you are right on how comfortable this vehicle is driving around town or even 70 miles per hour on the highway, and also very efficient on fuel consumption.

GLWS
Thank Joekatana, you are right on how comfortable this vehicle is driving around town or even 70 miles per hour on the highway, and also very efficient on fuel consumption.

Can someone give me a rundown on the drivetrain and capabilities of this LJ. I have been looking at them but not sure what it has for axles, transmission/transfercase, and suspension- is it a leaf spring or coil?

Also, availability of aftermarket parts like suspension lift, lockers, axles gears etc...

How does this compare to the LX450 he has in pics. I have a 97 LX450 fully locked already. But I am/was looking at jumping into a diesel and having it as a modified overland cruiser that I can take out an not worry about.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom