For Sale LHD LJ77 not mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The seller is not shy from telling a few lies ;)

"Original engine is the Toyota 2L-T turbo diesel paired up with their 5 speed manual. If you're familiar with this engine, it's known for legendary reliability and longevity. There's no rust on this vehicle which is another rare aspect for a car this age. Considering its age, the paint, interior are in great shape. It seats 8, the back row folds up when not being used. It has a back up sensor that was added on by the original owner. I've been getting mid 20's for MPG."

The 2LT known for longevity and then of course no rust on a 70 but better mid 20's mpg of course lmao

The seller is not shy from telling a few lies ;)

"Original engine is the Toyota 2L-T turbo diesel paired up with their 5 speed manual. If you're familiar with this engine, it's known for legendary reliability and longevity. There's no rust on this vehicle which is another rare aspect for a car this age. Considering its age, the paint, interior are in great shape. It seats 8, the back row folds up when not being used. It has a back up sensor that was added on by the original owner. I've been getting mid 20's for MPG."

The 2LT known for longevity and then of course no rust on a 70 but better mid 20's mpg of course lmao
Joe, Are these "market specific" vehicles and therefore the same as the LJ78 depending on market?

Joe, Are these "market specific" vehicles and therefore the same as the LJ78 depending on market?

Yes and no, it is about the same as the jdm lj’s but these have less issues with the 2LT engine snd most of them are more basic then the jdm’s. Most European countries never got them but the Southern ones did and central and latin america also.

Yes and no, it is about the same as the jdm lj’s but these have less issues with the 2LT engine snd most of them are more basic then the jdm’s. Most European countries never got them but the Southern ones did and central and latin america also.
Thanks Joe

So the 2L-T engine has 91hp? Are these poor in the acceleration dept.?
Diesel Land Cruisers are "lifestyle" vehicles where life moves at a slower pace. If "acceleration" is your goal perhaps you'll be a tad disappointed. :)

Driving a 2LT Prado is probably not much different than driving a US spec Suzuki Samurai.

So the 2L-T engine has 91hp? Are these poor in the acceleration dept.?

Gearing in the diffs is everything when talking how powerful a truck feels, especially these 4-cyl diesels.

I have an LJ79 with the 3L (2.8L non-turbo) and it has a G52 5spd. What it also has is factory 4.88 gears in the diffs. Tires are not large, I think around a 30" tall tire. The truck pulls very well off the line and through the gears. It feels like it has more power than my 1PZ SWB 70 with 33's and 4.56 factory gears. Top speed is not going to be that great in the LJ79 with the 4.88 gears but around town the truck is great. I dare say it pulls as good off the line if not slightly better than another truck I have with a 1HZ, R151F and 33's.

Diff gears is everything folks! My LJ79 comes from a country that never has had very high top speed country wide but does have plenty of mountains. Hence why Toyota shipped the truck there with the 4.88 gears and built these trucks with these kind of gear ratios in the diffs.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom