LHD HJ45 Fire Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi all

I have a strange hobby of buying classic cars I like but most of all i buy Cruisers. This is a truck I just sold and thought you all might want to see some pictures as its the only one I have ever seen just like this.

Giles
image.jpg

Hi there

it came out of Portugal fire service, I have a mate who is a captain and they offer me them first, I have had six now, all were Troopies except this one. the guys drove it all the way back to me in the UK it was 1200 miles, I didn't miss a beat which not bad as its 1976 I think

It was sold way before I even got it, I could have sold it ten times or more, think it is one i should have kept

We still have a HJ47 troopy (just like mine) in service with our local volunteer fire service!

Still pack 8 in the back, but more likely its full of food and water!

Untill 3 years ago we had an active HJ47 ute in full active service, ended up going to the national museum.

It's the same in Portugal, there are big forest fires and they have a lot of volunteers, they drive the old kit but most of the cruisers have been released from service now.

Cool truck but doubt it's 76. May have sold or put into service in 76. Windshield, doors and apron with lights ended in 74. Those turn signals would have the side marker light. Do you have VIN for it? Not sure when the diesel H engines started. The earlier 4X series had a special body and could see a run of that body made and taking a few years to sell them all. Not really see anything special about the body on this one. Being a goverment vehicle could explain a lot if it's anything like how the goverment does contracts in the US. Could something as simple as provide a current number for so many year all required to have the same specs.

Hi mate

So hope you are right, Fire service said it was 1976. in the UK you need a safety test every year called an MOT, the garage failed the truck on emissions and said the Truck was 1978 (1976 or earlier are exempt), not much info on the vin plate
image.jpg

I wonder if one of the troopys I am expecting next month to possibly buy was in that bunch. I was told 1200 mile drive from portugal to the UK. It is also a former fire truck.

Did ya buy the HJ45, or do you have other intentions? never mind just finished reading your entire post, got excited and jumped to the pics.

Last edited:
Hi there

Yes I guess you purchased it off Abe, he had two Troopies off me. Your truck will be in the States soon.

Giles

Thanks
No purchase yet but things look good. Looking forward to seeing it.
Thanks

Here's a 1979 on fire duty here in New Zealand:
KaikouraRuralFireAuthority1979HJ45.jpg

:beer:

Mate when you see it I am sure you will buy, its a very honest truck, milage hasn't been messed with as it ex fire service. It runs very nicely, we have not done a thing to, not sure what Abe's plans are but I doubt he will have them long.

The HJ45 above sold to a guy in London

Hi this is another one i sold a few years ago, she is a bj45 troopy with a truck cab on her, it had only done 50,000kms
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom