For Sale LHD Diesel Troopy 1980-HJ-45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just purchased my 8th vehicle so reluctantly my pretty rare diesel Troopy is currently offered for sale.

OFFICALLY OFF THE MARKET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1980 HJ-45 Troopy
H diesel motor w/ 149000 Kilometers/98000 miles
Left Hand Drive
(2) New Odyssey Batteries (24 volt)
New OME Complete Suspension
(5) New 255/85-16 BFG Muds
(5) New 16" Factory Wheels powder coated black
New Man-A-Fre spare tire/cooler rack
New Snorkle
New Exhaust System
New Tuffy Center Console w/CD player
New 24-12 Converter

Needs rear seats
Front Drivers seat needs recovering
windshield frame has a couple minor spots of corrosion

Offered at 26K

Located in Los Angeles, California

hollyandmac@ca.rr.com
or PM me for more photos or info!!!!

80 HJ-45 001.JPG

80 HJ-45 004.jpg

006.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Troopy... Miss mine. GLWS...

Here are a couple more exterior shots, one before I added the rear bumper. Engine compartment photo. I'll take some interior photos tomorrow. Clean rig!!!

004.JPG

005.JPG

007.jpg

I have had a couple people ask about the filler caps. The troopy was owned by a gentleman in Germany and outfitted as a camper, he sadly passed away before he could use it. It had sand ramps attached to the sides and a couple water tank fills. I simply covered them with Billet gas tank fills. Here is a picture when it arrived when I bought it.

121.JPG

120.jpg

Which model Odyessy batteries are those? GLWS!

Troopy came with 4 of the longer non-USA FJ-40 jump seats. Which I have sold.

Here is a photo of a Troopy with the original bench seats that I have been seaching for a couple years now. So far no luck.

1-25-2012 118.JPG

Troopy rear seats.jpg

Come on guys! Any feedback. Am I unrealistic? What's your thoughts don't hold back I can take it.

I think it's looks great. If I could sell my buggy, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. What's the fellow smoke eater price?

iguana-off-road-vehicle-image8-1.jpg

Troops

My wife would kill to have that for camping rig! It's the color she wants and she has always wanted a troopy.

I doubt you want any trade for a couple of nice 62's and little cash? Any problems or recent work on the engine? Does it have ps?

Does the back have any seats at all?

Runs like a Swiss watch, but it's an "H" diesel, you can't be in a hurry. Sorry but I am trying to thin the herd so I am not considering any trades. I do not have any rear seats at this time and no PS.

Thanks

Mike

it's a sweet looking rig.

I Just spoke to one of the Land Cruiser importers, he sold a troopy in 7 hours yesterday. It was an 83 with new paint and fully detailed with a 2H engine. The guy drove from LA to San Diego after work to buy it for $19k

I think you need to try craigslist, grabawrentch, and or even eBay with a reserve. (IMO)

I think you have a one off and LHD troopies are super great just a lot of people myself included like the RHD style just to be different.

If you wait long enough I think you may get $25k if you cleaned it added better pics not taken ion the ally or maybe gave it a fresh coat of paint.. Otherwise you may be a little high.

it's a sweet looking rig.

I Just spoke to one of the Land Cruiser importers, he sold a troopy in 7 hours yesterday. It was an 83 with new paint and fully detailed with a 2H engine. The guy drove from LA to San Diego after work to buy it for $19k

I think you need to try craigslist, grabawrentch, and or even eBay with a reserve. (IMO)

I think you have a one off and LHD troopies are super great just a lot of people myself included like the RHD style just to be different.

If you wait long enough I think you may get $25k if you cleaned it added better pics not taken ion the ally or maybe gave it a fresh coat of paint.. Otherwise you may be a little high.

Great! Thanks for the advise. I'll try posting some better pictures.

Completely disagree. I believe the far majority in the US would prefer to have a LHD. A buddy of mine has done quite a few RHD to LHD conversions. I had a RHD FJ45 kept telling myself its not so bad its unique. I would have traded it for a LHD in a minute.

I think the price is a little high but it looks like a clean truck and you might get it.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate all the feedback. Definitely at a cross roads right now. Do I lower the price 5-6K and keep the wife happy, (happy wife=happy life) or do I splurge a little more and throw a 12HT and a 5-speed at it. I have had recent discussion with Scott (ECO Offroad) who happens to have that motor for sale. That would be one bad **s rig!!! I know of only a handfull of LHD out there. Wife has a point, I do have a few too many toys. Anyways, I truly appreciate this forum, lots of landcruiser knowledge out there. What's a cruiser guy to do!!!!

Mike

P1250141.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom