SOLD LHD BJ75 Troopy--Sale Pending (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Because I've had several people contact me about "where did you get your Troopy?" and "Can you get one for me?", I decided to bring in another one and try to sell it. This one's a left hand drive model from Europe, BJ75, so has the 3B motor + H55 transmission, a little over 150k miles on it. Condition per photos. Does have some rust in a couple places, but replacement panels are readily available. The front seats are not original, but present fairly well. Rear interior is completely empty. It's currently located near Fresno CA. Asking $22,000 for it with Colorado Title in my name, less if the buyer wants to deal with the paperwork themselves. I have all the necessary documentation from the import process and will provide it to the buyer. Please check with your local motor vehicle registration department as not all states have the same requirements. Many more photos available, but I have a really slow connection here so they're taking forever to load. PM if you're interested. Happy to answer any questions, and/or arrange viewing.

IMG_5398.JPG

IMG_5412.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

Forgot to mention, if you’re interested in the wheels we can talk price and delivery options

Congrats @4btfjz80CO93! You beat me to the punch on this one. Agree on all accounts with Steve. I think you’re going to love this truck. Let me know if you want contact info for the body shop I took it to for an estimate, assuming you’re in Colorado.

With regard to 3B turbo versus not, mountain driving experience will be much more enjoyable with than without but you’ll only be passing tractor trailers, slowly, and will have to get back in the right lane after passing. Definitely add a pyrometer regardless.

I’ve got 5 wheels in Denver that would be a perfect fit:
For Sale - OEM Toyota spoke steelies--15x6 powdered grey, Denver, CO

Congrats again!

Hi there,

I am definitely interested in the wheels. Thanks for reaching out! I am out of town this wknd and will plan to be in touch next week.

I’m the ‘lurker’ who is buying Steve’s Troopy. I’m definitely no wrencher, like he said. I’ve been on mud for awhile and have bought and sold here as well. I’ve really appreciated all of the information and spirited discussion that’s been shared on this thread. Definitely some passion around the 70 series.

As to my buying experience, I’ve found Steve to be really great to work with. He’s honest, friendly, and willing to help me understand what I’m getting into. I’d recommend him to anyone.

My plan for this truck is to make it my daily driver. I have no plans to convert to an expedition worthy overland rig. That being said, I plan to rehab it. That will include new suspension, new seats, new wheels and tires, body work to mitigate rust and replacement panels where the rust is rot. I am considering a turbo upgrade, but am on the fence about this. I’ll probably have stronger feelings after driving up I 70 to Vail a couple of times. I’d love to hear the pros and cons of turboing this engine.

Finally, I’ll be looking for a forward facing rear seat solution, 5 wheels, and several other items over the months to come. I’m in CO and would prefer to buy local and pick up if possible to avoid big shipping costs. First, though, I’m going to have all the ‘30 year old’ land cruiser issues sorted.

Best regards,

Jamie

Congrats!

FYI, you can get many body panels from Toyota still.

Cheers

I, for one, would love to hear what you think, assuming you can keep it civil and on point. :grinpimp:

I was not going to say any more as I didn't want to de-rail your for sale thread any worse than it had been but now that you have sold your cruiser, I would like to say congrats. :)

Hello all, I stumbled across the original for sale thread for my troopy once again, which I certainly learned ALOT from. It's kinda absurd how long it took to sell haha. Anyways the reason I'm resurrecting the thread is that well, I now own the Troopy, and people mentioned they wanted to see what would happen with it and I don't know if all of them have seen my thread on it so here it is. Red Rocket Troopy Build. Sorry to disturb a dead thread but maybe someone who was watching the thread will now get to see what ended up happening with it. Anyways Cheers!

joining in late to the party,,, but after looking at this i can see i would have been the buyer. that rig, that possible rust (not rot) at that price is what i'm in the market for, get one for me gil., but not red :steer:

joining in late to the party,,, but after looking at this i can see i would have been the buyer. that rig, that possible rust (not rot) at that price is what i'm in the market for, get one for me gil., but not red :steer:
I was honestly surprised it was still available and took ages to sell, aswell as everyone else on the thread... glad I got it now! Goodluck with finding your own troopy :)

like others have said, lots of dreamers and tire kickers,,,, i think your rig was a great example at the price,,, i hope i can find another like it w/o too much of a wait, cause i'm impatient.

how do you like it?,,, troopy has been a dream rig for me for a long long time,,, but not being in the right place to get one i built an FJ55 instead,,, hey its close enough, but i want the real thing,, poptop camper is my goal.

like others have said, lots of dreamers and tire kickers,,,, i think your rig was a great example at the price,,, i hope i can find another like it w/o too much of a wait, cause i'm impatient.

how do you like it?,,, troopy has been a dream rig for me for a long long time,,, but not being in the right place to get one i built an FJ55 instead,,, hey its close enough, but i want the real thing,, poptop camper is my goal.
I have my dream car at 18, I’m very very blessed. I absolutely love it, I don’t care (too much) that the 0-60 time is 1 minute and 22 seconds, that it doesn’t ride like modern cars, that I can’t park in parking decks, and trying to parallel park down town with no power steering is near impossible. It’s all worth it for me. Most all of those things will be solved in the future with just time and money. A turbo will definitely be the next big mod to it once I save up some funds, especially since I’ll be going to college at altitude next year. Check out the build thread I linked when I revived this thread a bit ago if you wanna see all that’s been done since. Cheers

get one for me gil., but not red

Lol...sure, no problem. What color do you want?

Here's a tan one, already built for overlanding:
Kinda spendy, but probably doesn't need much.

Here's a white one, also expedition-ready, also a bit pricey:

Or how about a green one? Looks pretty rough, but it's cheap, as Troopies go:

If you could get over your aversion to red, here's a pretty nice one:

All of these are currently advertised for sale in Europe. Any of them could be yours if you're ready to start writing checks. PM me if you want to know more.

I'm pretty good with the Red ones!

Ill try to figure out how to PM for more. Damn, been nearly 15yrs since i've been on a forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom