SOLD LHD BJ75 Troopy--Sale Pending (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Because I've had several people contact me about "where did you get your Troopy?" and "Can you get one for me?", I decided to bring in another one and try to sell it. This one's a left hand drive model from Europe, BJ75, so has the 3B motor + H55 transmission, a little over 150k miles on it. Condition per photos. Does have some rust in a couple places, but replacement panels are readily available. The front seats are not original, but present fairly well. Rear interior is completely empty. It's currently located near Fresno CA. Asking $22,000 for it with Colorado Title in my name, less if the buyer wants to deal with the paperwork themselves. I have all the necessary documentation from the import process and will provide it to the buyer. Please check with your local motor vehicle registration department as not all states have the same requirements. Many more photos available, but I have a really slow connection here so they're taking forever to load. PM if you're interested. Happy to answer any questions, and/or arrange viewing.

IMG_5398.JPG

IMG_5412.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

Doesn’t have a/c, seems like it was a very rare option in Europe when this truck was built. It can be added, though. There are folks on this forum who’ve done it.

Re: back seats, it originally came equipped with the long-wise bench seats on each side in the back. While the seats are gone, all the mounting points are present, so bolting in a set would be easy. Not impossible to find them at reasonable prices, since lots of guys remove them to convert to a camper interior. If you wanted a more conventional rear seat (ie parallel to the front seats), those are available, but you’d probably have to buy in AU and ship it. You might find one in the USA, but I don’t know of any. Of course, it’s pretty much a flat floor back there, so adapting something from another vehicle shouldn’t pose a problem.

Posted a couple of videos on YouTube--a walkaround, and a motor startup. Also have tons more photos (as people request them), so if there's anything else you potential buyers might want to see, I probably have it.

Going for my emissions test tomorrow, and hope to get the VIN verification also. Then it's off to the DMV to get the title and plates.

Videos here:

and here:

Nice truck Steve. A buyer will be along soon......

Bump for update. Still available. Now located in Boulder, CO. I have a clear Colorado title in my name ready to sign over to a buyer. Found some new(-ish) 7.50-16 all terrain tires to put on it, which should hold air much better than the crappy ones that were on there when I got it. $17,900. I've put a few hundred kilometers on it since I got it back to Boulder, and it's driving well. Here's a new pic I just took today:
IMG_5816.JPG

PM'ed you

Rode my bike past the Troopy on my way to go swim at the North Boulder Rec Center. When I pointed it out to my wife her immediate response was, "NO."

GLWS.

Reason I'm not married.

My better half actually convinced me to take the plunge for mine.

Also somebody buy this damn thing! I'm trying to convince a couple of folks in Portland who are in the market....

:beer:

My better half actually convinced me to take the plunge for mine.

Also somebody buy this damn thing! I'm trying to convince a couple of folks in Portland who are in the market....

:beer:
It appears to be a nice truck and I'm surprised that it hasn't sold.

I'd just about poop myself if I saw two 70 series parked on the street in town. Good luck with the sale!

I'd just about poop myself if I saw two 70 series parked on the street in town. Good luck with the sale!

IMG_5697.JPG

Hope you don't make too big of a mess of yourself. :poop::poop:

Luckily I am out of town right now and can't be tempted.

C'mon guys--somebody must want this! Lowering the price to $16,900. When you consider all the costs of buying, transporting, shipping, importing, maintaining, insuring, registering, etc., I'm seriously into "doing the Landcruiser community a favor" territory now, not much pretense of maybe a little profit for moi. I've had lots of interest, heaps of e-mails, calls, texts, and guys having a look at it. But can't someone throw a guy a bone and buy this thing?

Lots of people are put off by the red. Yup, it's red. Don't know what to tell you. Paint it.

Lots of people are put off by the rust. Yup, it's got some. Not like it's going to fall apart around you or anything. Old Landcruisers rust. If it's gonna keep you up at night, replacement panels are readily available, and even the smallest towns have somebody who can weld and paint. It's not as expensive as people seem to think.

The rear interior is totally stripped, and the headliner's shot. Yup.

The wheels are split rims. Hard to find a tire shop that will touch them. So, learn to do it yourself (which is the whole point of split rims, BTW), or buy some new rims.

3B motor runs great, passed CO emissions. Transmission shifts fine, no noises or other bad behaviors. Brakes stop the car, but are probably old and needing inspection at the least. Clutch operates fine. Tires have almost new tread (though see above about the rims). Steering doesn't wander any more than any other 31 year old Landcruiser with 150,000 miles. Road manners aren't bad for what's essentially a tractor.

In short, it is what it is: A 31 year old Landcruiser that's been used, but not used up.

:cheers:

Too bad theres no way i can convince my wife of a 3rd landcruiser just cause its "longer" :)

GLWS, it looks like a great project!

It's tempting and a great deal for someone wanting to get in to a troopy. If it was a diesel then I would be all over it but then again it would be more expensive. GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom