For Sale LHD 1981 Silver HJ60 for sale: Dallas, TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Hey everyone, I have an 81 HJ60 for sale. Needing to get something that has third row and is wife-approved. ;) Bought this a year ago to restore and make a great weekend trail/daily driver. Just lost my job, so needing to get this thing gone. I had Goode Offroad in Dallas do some work and give it a look over and he said it's a solid mechanical rig and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it across county. Was getting 20+ mpg before lift/tires. Underside is solid, no rust. Slight patina on a few things. Body has some rust... rear quarter panels, a few small spots around drip rail and passenger front windshield and pillar have rust showing through. Has the cool 60/40 split front bench sat. Seats have dry cracking in the vinyl and dashboard has seen better days. Carpet shows it's age, as well as real side cards in cargo area. Door cards are great shape, original. Driver window crank was replaced but knob already broke off from my gangly legs. Steering is a little loose, could use new tie rod ends. Cruises on hwy @65 all day long, will do 70-75, but she doesn't appreciate it as much. I have clean TX title in hand.

I'm sure I'll have a lot of feedback on this and even questions I might not know, I'll do my best to answer. I'm not an expert, but I know my way around cars for the most part.

Here's a link to the engine running:

Details - - -

2H diesel motor - solid
4 spd manual
All new belts and new AC pulley
All rubber hose in great condition and overall clean engine bay
190,XXX miles
Installed all new AC system, came stripped with only interior parts (blower etc) - Goode Offroad installed
- new condenser, compressor, hoses dryer etc. installed FJ60 AC button AC control
2 new 12V solid state batteries (24V system)
New (last year) - 2" OME heavy suspension with Nitrocharger shocks
OME steering stabilizer
Heavy duty Man a Fre greaseable shackles & Man a Fre sway bar drop kit
New 285/75/r17 BFG all terrain KO2s - full size spare
New 17" steel tundra wheels (5 total)
Custom bumper built by Land Cruiser restorations - have original bumper
Replaced center front grill, have original
New side mirrors, have original - missing a bolt for these
All original everything else

Asking $19,000 OBO - open to trade for 100 series Land Cruiser or LX470

IMG_4859.JPG
IMG_4868.JPG
IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4874.JPG

Love the wheels...did you have to run spacers? If so, what size?

Last edited:
I have those same wheels, but different size/brand of tires. I had to run 1.5” spacers

Sorry for the hijack!

Sorry I don’t have pics of the 1.5” spacers themselves, let me see if I can get a shot of the stance with the spacers and wheels mounted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom