LF Suspension Sag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I've got a 2005 LC and the driver's front corner is sagging a bit. It's enough that I noticed it on a flat surface. The Toyota dealership says it's normal because the fuel tank is on that side and also because the driver is on that side. They say it's only 1/2 inch of a sag.

Is this normal?

Any suggestions on what I should do or tell the dealership?

Thanks!

Just have 'em adjust the driver's side torsion bar to even everything out.

Thanks-that's what I wanted them to do and they refused. Even the service manager. I take another whack at it.

if you noticed it when you werent in the vehicle then its even worse when a driver is in it.

Ride Height...

does anyone know the standard ride height for the front and rear...assuming the 'torsion bars' are adjusted back to original factory height...

Maybe first measure things so you know for sure.
Bit of an adjustment with the torsion bar? Not very hard.

(won't make the obvious joke about the driver's weight... :) )

my LX had the sagging problem (driver side) as well a while back. Lexus dealer measured and confirmed it and adjusted something in the height control system to fix it.

The factory repair manual describes how to measure the height at each wheel and to make adjustments. Mine had some variation last year. The service dept thought my request was unusual, but when they measured, there were variations and they made the adjustments. I believe they adjusted the height control settings rather than the TBs on the front.

Adjusting the AHC height sensors straight off the bat is the lazy-man's way of doing it. The RIGHT way is to measure the AHC pressure at each front shock. If the sagging is because one of the t-bars can't hold up that side, you should adjust the t-bar first so the pressure is in spec, then adjust the AHC height sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom