Lexus LX470 - Land Cruiser 100 Cheap Dust Covers for Low Beam LED Light Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Goo info there. How did you manage the electrical connections since you used the aftermarket dust cover? I saw in the video you had it laying there, connected. Did you just leave it there? What low beam bulbs did you use?

Goo info there. How did you manage the electrical connections since you used the aftermarket dust cover? I saw in the video you had it laying there, connected. Did you just leave it there? What low beam bulbs did you use?
Connection of the new bulbs are plugged into the socket that are sticking out of the oem dust covers. I will take a photo and share it once I go home.

So did you just leave the OEM dust covers laying where they were in the video? No biggie, just wondering. What bulbs did you get?

So did you just leave the OEM dust covers laying where they were in the video? No biggie, just wondering. What bulbs did you get?
I left the oem dust cover laying there because I didn’t want to cut the wires that go through tiny holes in the oem dust cover, otherwise I had solder those back. I got lasfit H1 bulbs for 25 dollars a set of two from eBay.

7FD92190-6B4E-4676-B4D1-38D29F95A762.jpeg

C99356D9-2AEB-4CC6-BAA1-478E8ACEDDD7.jpeg

5CE161B5-5B83-4495-8D4C-05A6E11DEFF3.jpeg

Thank you for this write up. I ordered exactly what you specified.
I was confused when I went looking for replacement Low Beams in my 2002 LX470.
The OEM low beams were so dim that I did not feel confident driving at night.
Do the original H1's fade out over time?

Thank you for this write up. I ordered exactly what you specified.
I was confused when I went looking for replacement Low Beams in my 2002 LX470.
The OEM low beams were so dim that I did not feel confident driving at night.
Do the original H1's fade out over time?
Original H1 bulbs are unbelievably so tiny I wonder why did it even came as low beam from factory, original bulbs in fog lights are bigger than low beam bulbs.
Upgrade your fog light bulbs to LED also if you can, luckily for the fog light LED upgrade you don’t need aftermarket dust cover, the original dust covers will fit without any issues.
Check this video . I have mentioned all the types of bulbs that are needed for low beam, high beam and fog lights.
Unfortunately it’s too cold to work outside that’s I wasn’t able to make detailed video but it will give you an idea.

I too was very surprised recently when one of my low beams failed, I was surprised to see it was an H1 bulb. those are normally used for small fog lights or driving lights, etc. It seems way too small for a headlamp. I really hate the Design and function of the LX470 headlights. The 100 series Toyota lights seem leaps and bounds better in both looks and functionality

Hi, guys I re-uploaded led light bulbs upgrade and dust covers replacement. I messed editing on the first video that's why the first video didn't make any sense. I replaced the old video link with the new one.
Here is the link to the new video
Best Regards!

Last edited:
I had trouble getting your new video to play.
BUT, previously I followed your advice and replaced my dim Low Beams with those LEDs you speced and turned out great.
Thanks

I had trouble getting your new video to play.
BUT, previously I followed your advice and replaced my dim Low Beams with those LEDs you speced and turned out great.
Thanks
Maybe it was still processed by YouTube that’s why you had problem playing it. I deleted the old video and uploaded the new one. As long it helped you and other owners that’s my goal.

It helped me a lot too. I did the replacement just like in the video and it worked great in my '07 LX. Thanks.

@Kamran Khan THANKS for the info. I know this thread is about low beams and dust covers, but I also noticed in your video that you put LEDs in your high beams. Did this work ok with daytime running lights (DRLs), or did you simply turn on your lights all the time?

@Kamran Khan THANKS for the info. I know this thread is about low beams and dust covers, but I also noticed in your video that you put LEDs in your high beams. Did this work ok with daytime running lights (DRLs), or did you simply turn on your lights all the time?
After upgrading to LED my high beams only turns on when I flick the switch. It doesn’t have drl anymore.

Does anyone know a good option for the extended dust cover that is currently available? LASFIT is currently sold out. Is there an OEM option? My current wires are pretty bad so it would be a perfect time for me to change them.

0984ACE1-4DAC-46F5-91F8-12D621A84774.jpeg

Does anyone know a good option for the extended dust cover that is currently available? LASFIT is currently sold out. Is there an OEM option? My current wires are pretty bad so it would be a perfect time for me to change them.

View attachment 3213594
If you are upgrading to LED bulbs, these covers works better than OEM and fits as if It's made by Toyota.

Thanks I will give them a try. Are you still happy with your Lasfit bulbs? I was looking at a few different types and they are listed as 4000LM vs some of the other ones go up to 20000LM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom