Builds Lexus LX450 Cummins 6bt/NV4500 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wheelingnoob, I know this is an old post, did you ever figure out the low boost issue?

I can't answer your question, but I do know he recently sold this truck.

Sorry for the delay, I thought this post thread was dead no notifications.

I did the 3 notch method as it was a simple mod with a welder and a grinding disc, used a simple two wire setup and has been total reliable with no boxes to program or wire in place.

After my Isuzu I wanted everything simple and easy to fix with no added controllers or computers.

It's worked great now for 3 years and 40k kms.
Nice solution and great work. So you used a Dodge 2-wire crank sensor and wired it directly into the OEM Lexus harness for the tach?

Correct, one wire to ground the other connect to the tach reference wire out of coil.
I am sorry to belabor this point, but I am designing my wiring harness for my 6BT Cummins swap.

I understand that you modified your Cummins crank pulley to have 3 notches instead of 2.
IMG-1611.jpg

And that you wired the Cummins crank position sensor directly into the Toyota FZJ80 wiring harness via "the tach reference wire out of the coil."

Based on the ECM, it is my understanding that the FZJ80 tach signal comes from the ignition coil/igniter. So I assume that the igniter is supplying the tach with 3 pulses per revolution, hence the 3 notches on the Dodge crank pulley?

And you can just bypass the FZJ80 igniter and ignition coil wiring (IG-) altogether and wire the Dodge crank position sensor directly to the tachometer signal input to the dash?
Igniter-to-Tach.jpg

And so the Dodge Crank position sensor would be wired with one pin to +12 volt power, one pin to ground, and the third signal pin directly to the tach signal input (previously supplied by the igniter signal)?
9.jpg

3924432-800x800w.jpg

Pin-image.jpg

Do I have that correct?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom