lexus fire at work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DustyFJ

SILVER Star
Threads
I was late to the party and only delt with the aftermath but here it is

IMG-20120417-00122.jpg

No, the story I heard was she realized it was on fire so she hurried into the parking garage under the building. Must have been quite a bit of heat, enough to melt light fixtures 15+ feet away.

The upper two level have no sprinkles only the lowest level is sprinkled. I'm not sure the reasoning behind that.

was she blonde! holy crap if my s*** is on fire they will be lucky if i even get it all the way stopped before i bail out. but to say to myself oh my car is on fire, let me pull it into this building so as i can burn it down too! :lol:

All levels of the garage should be sprinkled... obviously the upper floor isn't because... well... there's no roof.... :p

But there should be extinguishers near by.

Sprinkler designer by profession :)

All levels of the garage should be sprinkled... obviously the upper floor isn't because... well... there's no roof.... :p

But there should be extinguishers near by.

Sprinkler designer by profession :)

(into the weeds)
well....sometimes. Depends when the building was built and in what jurisdiction I guess.
This garage is under the building so the "roof" is the under side of the first floor deck.
I've heard rumors that it depended on how much of the building was open to the outdoors. This building for example is open over 1/2 way around on p1 and p2 but not open on p3(the sprinkled floor) I'm not sure what difference that makes, it it doesnt sound like it makes sense but I have seen the same set up elsewhere in Fairfax co va and montgomery co md. I agree any new garage being built around here would be sprinkled but this place was built in the early 80s. I've worked in 18 story residential buildings with no sprinklers at all so I guess it just depends on when and where the building was built.

Fire alarm guy by profession (yes, often abbreviated F.A.G.)

Damn F.A.G.'s and yes Paul you are right depends on when and where they were built, i am in a DC school that the only sprinklers are in the cafeteria we just built. and i have been in many of the DC schools that have no sprinklers at all, except on the million dollar + football fields they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom