Lexus 1uz fe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking of pulling out my 1FZ motor (not EFI) and putting in the Lexus 1UZ FE motor.I know the 2UZ FE is the suv motor but that is R38000 (+-$3800) The 1UZ FE is only R5000 (+-$500) with auto box.So my question to all you Land Cruiser experts is this a good move? Is this the right motor or is it to high reving for off road work? My cruiser only works off road.

1FZ 140kw (not EFI. it has a carb with a drinking problem)

1UZ FE 195kw ( EFI so fuel consumption should be better)

the 1UZ will do the job .. and yes it's a much higher rev engine .. so take it in mind not only how much power it makes . .. also where ( which rpm point ) it mae it ..

In all cases you can compensate the lacks of low end torque with proper gearing ..

A lot of people swap the 1UZ into 4Runners. I'd be interested to see how it does in an 80...

I will be doing 2 more challenges with my truck and then the mod will begin.Still have to look for bell housing for the original gear box.Found part no on toyodiy but pic is a v8 but part no are for 4.5 (The same as my truck.)Has any one seen or heard if there is a original bell housing for this manual gear box h151 I think.:popcorn:

1UZ twin turbo would be interesting. :)

I have a parts car 93 LS400 with a great motor in it. Aren't these only 280hp/280tq though? It there really much difference or benefit in ditching the 1FZ?

The other option is just to slap the TRD supercharger on the 1FZ and be done with it.

My 1FZ has a carb and is not EFI.So trying to get fuel econ better at the same time.My motor only puts out 140k.w when new the lexus put out 195k.w:rolleyes:

Its a common swap here in Australia for the 1uzfe to go into a 4runner or surf however I know of only one being swapped into an 80 series and the feedback was only negative not enough torque to move the weight of an 80. It was eventually supercharged with an eaton M90 an even then wasnt much good. I can only find one such conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom