SOLD Lexington, KY, JDM 1990 HZJ-73 Intercooled Turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
Hello All

Listing my built 1990 HZJ-73 ZX 5 speed. It has 208,854 km or 129,776 mi. After purchasing the truck in late 2015, I had the good folks at Metal Tech install an Ironman front bumper with 24v ComeUp winch, 24v ARB compressor, front and rear ARB locking differentials and OME springs. I added Metal Tech sliders and Cruisin' Off Road swing out rear bumper (I had these items from a previous truck). Last year I added a Toyota CT-26 turbo and a PDI intercooler. I changed the connecting rod bearings when I had the oil pan off to add the return for the oil from the turbo. @AlbertoSD was a huge help by providing extra parts he had and helping me find other parts I needed. It has the ZX package which includes suspension seats, power windows and door locks and A/C. A/C has been converted to 134a. It is rolling on LT 255/85R16 BFG Mud Terrains on stock 70 Series wheels. The foam on the seat bottom of the driver's seat was replaced with Toyota foam so the seat is comfortable. Timing belt was changed 1/2018 at 183,156 km. The electric locking hubs function as they should.

Left to complete from the turbo/intercooler install are fabbing up the A/C lines that came with the PDI kit and reinstalling the front grill.

This truck is great on the highway and the trail. I drove it to the Rubicon and back in 2016. Have taken it to Moab twice. Has been to the Southeast 70 Series Meet & Greet several times, including this past fall. It does have some trail rash, which I have tried to document in the photos. I will take and post pics of the frame and underside. There is rust in the right fender. The rear interior panels, rear seat and carpet are in good shape and included. Will come with the standard tub/boxes of extra parts, oil filters and what not.

Price $29,000.00 OBO

HZJ-73PostDetailFR.jpg

HZJ-73PostDetailFL.jpg

HZJ-73PostDetailRear.jpg

Last edited:
Few more pics showing the boost and EGT gauges in the A-pillar pod, magnet stuck to rocker, box of hoses and fittings to complete the A/C refit and other pics. Please make any pic request you might have.

DSCF2478.JPG

DSCF2483.JPG

DSCF2540.JPG

DSCF2541.JPG

DSCF2544.JPG

Last edited:
Hello All
Attached are photos of the floor showing it is good condition. No rust. Also a couple with the carpet and interior panels reinstalled. I will post more interior shots after I get it back from the detailer.

DSCF2486.JPG

DSCF2487.JPG

DSCF2488.JPG

DSCF2493.JPG

DSCF2494.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom