SOLD Lexington, KY 1997 40th Anniversary, No F & R Lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Outside Link
https://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/d/lexington-1997-toyota-land-cruiser-40th/7401722205.html
Here's a link to the Craigslist ad for my 80 Series. Please contact me with questions or to take a look.
Thank you
Peter

DSCF2323.JPG

That is a nice strait truck. The body work could be done by a competent body man. I had one tiny spot in that same area on my 40th and was able to repair it before it became an issue. This one does need the entire sheetmetal part installed to be fixed correctly. That paint is a tough match but can be done. The rest of the truck looks clean and rust free. The 40th logos on the fenders are no long available so it is good that the majority of the paint is good.

This truck could be a great driver. I cloth seats are actually an upgrade in my opinion. The reproduction two-tone leather is pricey but looks great after installed. This is the next best option.

GLWTS. The price looks about right. Truck is worth a couple thousand in body work to make it right. That engine will probably go another 300k.

RKTINC

That is a nice strait truck. The body work could be done by a competent body man. I had one tiny spot in that same area on my 40th and was able to repair it before it became an issue. This one does need the entire sheetmetal part installed to be fixed correctly. That paint is a tough match but can be done. The rest of the truck looks clean and rust free. The 40th logos on the fenders are no long available so it is good that the majority of the paint is good.

This truck could be a great driver. I cloth seats are actually an upgrade in my opinion. The reproduction two-tone leather is pricey but looks great after installed. This is the next best option.

GLWTS. The price looks about right. Truck is worth a couple thousand in body work to make it right. That engine will probably go another 300k.

RKTINC
Thanks for your insights and kind words. I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I have.
Peter

Happy to do this as weather and daylight allow. Any specific areas you would like to see?
Thanks for your interest.
Peter

Was more curious about the general condition of the underside given the body rust shown in the pictures. A picture of under the front (to see the axle and any buildup from leaks) and the rear to see any rust would be much appreciated.

Okay, thanks for the feedback. Here are a couple of pics of the floor I took when I had the carpet out for cleaning. The weather is supposed to clear up here this afternoon so I will take other general pics of the underside and of each end of the front axle.

If anyone is interested, I have a spreadsheet of maintenance performed by the previous owner I can share if you PM me you e-mail address. Thanks!
DSCF2313.JPG

DSCF2310.JPG

Here are some photos I took this afternoon. Not sure they are super helpful but they are something. Want to add that the "D" light works and I have dropped the price to $8995.00.
DSCF2365.JPG
DSCF2366.JPG

Thanks for the pictures Peter, I'm tentatively interested but Kentucky is a decent drive from me so I want to have a good idea of it before I commit to driving up there. Could you send a picture or two of the rear axle like you did the front? Front looks to be in decent shape, but the rust on my last 80 was far worse on the rear. I'll also PM you my email address to take a look at that spreadsheet. Thanks

Last edited:
Here are the requested photos. I apologize for the delay in getting them posted. Hope they are helpful. Please advise if you would like shots of anything else.
Thanks
Peter

DSCF2371.JPG

DSCF2372.JPG

DSCF2373.JPG

DSCF2375.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom