Leveling kit with ome 2.5 inch lift kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys I need some advice. I just installed a 2.5 ome inch lift kit and I noticed the rear of the vehicle (fzj80) is about 1.5 inch taller any ideas to level up the vehicle ?? Highly appreciated thank you ..

I installed the 2851 front and 2860 rear by old man emu. I noticed the front coil spring were the same height as the new ones but thicker and rear coil springs are in fact taller by an inch

Or did I installed the wrong coils on the front ?? But I crossed part numbers with old man emu website and according with them they're medium 2.5 inch lift

grab a bunch of heavy things and put them in your trunk until you are carrying the weight which the rear springs were designed to bear.

Why not just throw on some spring spacers in the front? Most lifts have a little stink bug look to them and people often get "leveling kits" to take that rake out.

seriously? no pile-on?

It depends on how you intend to use the rig. If it sits level when it's unloaded, it'll have some butt sag when full of people, gear, etc. if it's a stinkbug when empty, it'll level out when loaded down.

I'd say J-springs over a shim kit, but if you go with a shim, get the solid aluminum ones from MetalTech. The rubber and poly ones are known to fail after a few years. I have no affiliation, just what I've read on here.

Also a brand new lift kit will settle after a few months.

OME designed the kit to be higher in the rear for loaded 80s. A 30mm spacer will fine & the cheaper route. Changing one thing will effect another. Caster correction is one thing to be aware of when lifting your front.

Another option is to install the OME rear 862 or 2862 samething to lower the rear. I ran this set up, but with spacer front & rear... it sat level.

This subject is endless & is well documented on this forum...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom