Leveling and Heigth question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.pfranleds.com
Got a bone stock 02 and I yanked the running boards and cranked the torsion bars. Next step is wheels and tires, then sliders!

The stance is way leveled out but still has a little bit of rake.

-From center of wheel to center of fenders is 20 3/4" all the way around.
-Is this within a safe range for not having any after market stuff added yet?
-Am I in danger of ripping my CV boots?
-How about destabilizing the front end?
-I raised the front almost 2 inches, is this too high on a stock configuration?
-What are other people's measurements on front ends without modification?

Here is a pic for reference:

IMG_20110225_122647.jpg

i measured a little over 19" on fronts IIRC. they are about 1/4" different than each other. i believe the slee diff drop offset is 3/4"... can anyone confirm this?

Got a bone stock 02 and I yanked the running boards and cranked the torsion bars. Next step is wheels and tires, then sliders!

The stance is way leveled out but still has a little bit of rake.

-From center of wheel to center of fenders is 20 3/4" all the way around.
-Is this within a safe range for not having any after market stuff added yet?

You can run 2.75" from stock components, that is the absolute max lift you can run.
-Am I in danger of ripping my CV boots?

Depends on the condition of the boots
-How about destabilizing the front end?
When I had my front at 2.25" it was a bit twitchy switching lanes quickly, got a little wiggly at 80mph from wind getting under there.

-I raised the front almost 2 inches, is this too high on a stock configuration?

Nope, you are fine.
-What are other people's measurements on front ends without modification?

Here is a pic for reference:

IMG_20110225_122647.jpg

looks good

Looks great!

Looks MUCH better.

2-things.

1. You should run about 1" rake. You'll have better suspension travel up front and better road manners.

2. You removed the running boards but forgot to remove the harmonic dampener while you had the ratchet out. :D

Looks MUCH better.

2-things.

1. You should run about 1" rake. You'll have better suspension travel up front and better road manners.

2. You removed the running boards but forgot to remove the harmonic dampener while you had the ratchet out. :D

I was thinking about taking the front down a little. Re: the dampener, I figure Toyota put it there for a reason and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'll take it off if it gets in the way of the sliders. Glad to hear everything is working out as planned for you!

LOL... about that... Plan got thrown upside down and stomped on. I'll email.

Last edited:
Your height is fine. I'm at the max allowable...22 3/8" from center cap to fender. At 20 3/4 you are NOT 2-inches up from stock though.

I was thinking about taking the front down a little. Re: the dampener, I figure Toyota put it there for a reason and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'll take it off if it gets in the way of the sliders. Glad to hear everything is working out as planned for you!

I left mine on too. Didn't see any reason to take it off.

(A little off topic)
YEA!! I see you got your trade while I was away!
Nice rig! Was it a straight trade?

Sorry to anyone if there happened to be something about pfran42 getting this earlier.

I did the same to mine. I ended up dropping mine back a bit.

Once you get the height you want, take it for an alignment.

CV boots will be fine, you are not anywhere near max there if those are stock rear springs.

Looks great.

I am dead level now and am planning on stock height/+1 OMEr rears and new shocks all around in the future. At 108K it feels a bit "floaty" for my taste with stock shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom