Let's see them fog lights! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I'm looking for the recommendations for the fog lights. Another set of my h3 bulbs burned and I'm frankly tired of the useless output of them anyway. I'm looking to install high output LED fog lights but I want to retain original housing for aesthetic look. I've seen that some of you cut and fitted Square LED fogs in the original housing. Can you guys please post some recommendations and some photos of the installation.
Thanks

Amazon product ASIN B07Q1CHGPJ
These worked too. I had to play a little bit with the retaining clip to get it to fit right (it's longer than a stock bulb), it's a lot easier to put the retaining clip back on if you remove the fog light itself to install. It does indeed fit in the housing with the dust cover closed and gives decent light.

I'm making brackets for 10" LED bars to fit the inboard kidney grills, because I want separate switching anyway.

3D printing a replacement housing with mounts for maybe 2x 4" square seems like a great idea, to keep the bumper stock.

Have to figure out heat management though...

If I'm sketching up a shapefile for people to test which light configs would you be most interested in?

Just an FYI, I tried a few bulbs from HeadlightRevolution, they were all to big (none fit the housing, even the mini CSP's) so that is why I opted for these.

With that said, for anyone considering doing hi/lo beams, I bought the V.4's and they are really, really good lights. I have an okay set in my other car and there is a big difference with these ones. The temperature/color is little to high for my preference but I'm being really picky and my vision at night kinda sucks.

Just an FYI, I tried a few bulbs from HeadlightRevolution, they were all to big (none fit the housing, even the mini CSP's) so that is why I opted for these.

With that said, for anyone considering doing hi/lo beams, I bought the V.4's and they are really, really good lights. I have an okay set in my other car and there is a big difference with these ones. The temperature/color is little to high for my preference but I'm being really picky and my vision at night kinda sucks.
I've got the V.4s in one of my other vehicles in a reflector housing and they are amazing. I'm about to try the Diode Dynamics SL1 for the low beams in my GX due to several recommendations for their performance in Toyota and Lexus projectors. I had wanted to go with the V.4s again, but wasn't sure about their performance in a projector, so I'm glad to hear you've had good success as I may still use them for the highs.

Like others, I'm curious about fog light alternatives/options. Having just moved to the Pacific ocean, the fog is pretty intense in the mornings, so fog light performance just moved up several notches in my priorities.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom