Let's talk rear bumpers... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

flyinbrian

@brian_and_the_car
Threads
Ok, so my lovely 9 mo pregnant wife slated to give birth Monday was just rear ended by a little Ford Ranger on her way to her final checkup, mom and baby fine...

The LX took it like a champ! Rear bumper, hitch and bottom swing down door need to be replaced, but Ranger not so much (Ha!)

Anyway, the truck has always been slated to be a toy upon retirement, so I'm thinking of taking this unfortunate incident and making it happen.

I want a swingout tire carrying rear...

Who's got what, pics and recommendations please!

All the best!

Tons of threads on this. Just search. I like 4x4 labs the best.

I have on order a IPOR rear bumper with dual swingouts and hitch bracket. On this I placed a seperate order through Luke@4x4Lab for the tire carrier "kit" and a ladder/cooler "kit" that will mount on the swingouts. The Cooler bracket will accomodate a Iqloo 60qt cooler OR 6ea 5 Gallon TuffJugs...

In Houston I need substantial more surface area against other vehicles than the 4x4Labs bumper offers. IMHO the IPOR satisfies most of my requirements per $$$$, the second runner up was a Slee Bumper.

I've got Slee's rear bumper and have nothing but good things to say about it.
How often does your wife open the rear hatch?
I'm asking this because she may not like dealing with the tire carrier.

Regards

Alvaro

I have slee's dual swing-out. Really well crafted.

No complaints at all.

open1.jpg

dual1.JPG
dual1.JPG
open1.jpg

Love my Slee!

I like the 4X4 labs a lot but did not want to cut my rear cross member.

No complaints about my Slee. Single swingout, but kinda wish I had the option of a cooler carrier

I think I'm leaning towards the Slee, but do they still do the single swing out with the tire centered? Like the bookend trucks in Simps80's post?

Wait, you're in VA... Just get an Iron Pig bumper and save on some shipping!

Personally, I like Lukes because you cut the crossmember. If you don't want to do that, you might as well buy the bumper local to you...

I fully agree here. IPOR isn't that far from you over in Fredericksburg. They make a fine product, and without having to deal with shipping that sweetens the deal even more.

IPOR FJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser Rear Bumper [IPOR-80REARB] - $795.00 : Iron Pig Off Road, Toyota Land Cruiser experts

Nothing against the others mentioned, they make equally nice products, but IPOR is local for ya'.

4x4 Labs hands down for clearance in the rear

I just put on a 4x4 labs. Some selling points for me was that it provided better clearance and had a receiver for towing already built in. Hopefully there is slightly less of a weight penalty since I removed the towing receiver, cross member and stock tire winch. Luke "customized" it by building the swing outs of equal length (so that they clear my trailer) and he is somewhat local. Higher side protection would be nice but is often uglier than the damage it is trying to prevent and it adds even more weight to the cruiser.

I really dont see why people have to ask when there are HUNDREDS of threads on all these bumpers.

:rolleyes:

:deadhorse:

Just ordered a 4x4 labs myself i was that impressed with the look, its on a boat right now on its way here.

I have an IPOR bumper and awaiting the funds for a tire carrier....the IPOR carrier is almost identical to the 4x4 Labs
You should take the drive up to IPOR and discuss your needs.
The only change on my bumper was the trailer hitch and I had them cap the ends.

Lo
attachment.php
u
attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom