Lets see some pics of your FJ Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

92TFR.jpg

Last week on Chicken Corners in Moab.

i jsut realized you have a ton of pictures with it on, is there any reason not to put the RTT farther back all the way? i was hoping for more room to pack another 100lbs up front lol

how do you like the prinsu roof rack? any better pictures of it? how long did it take for you do get it? im looking to do a very simular set up with my RTT

i jsut realized you have a ton of pictures with it on, is there any reason not to put the RTT farther back all the way? i was hoping for more room to pack another 100lbs up front lol
I borrowed the tent and awning setup from a friend. The awning brackets were mounted to the RTT channel, so I had to mount the tent in a way that mostly centered the awning. I made some small adjustments to the awning after it was all mounted. We had no intentions of storing any other gear on the roof, so the RTT landed where it landed out of convenience.

Saw this FJ in Sakhalinsk, Russia last week. Saw a bunch of different color FJ's too, like a light purple, not brick. and a different red, not radiant red.Most were in Japan but I saw 3 in Russia. I was only in Sakhalinsk and Korsakov, for a day and only had my camera handy this one time.

IMG_2820.JPG

@firensteel be prepared to service those joints with every oil change. I learned the hard way that you can't simply just torque the jam nuts as needed. The proper method is to back the jam nut off a thread or two, making sure the nut hasn't frozen to the joint's threads. Then retorque it back against the steel tube.

Otherwise the threads in the joint will eventually wallow out the threads inside the steel tube and !FUN! stuff happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom