Let's plan for a road trip/camping? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will make this quick, anyone up for a future trip? I know some you of are dying to get out and escape. It was nice running into @93yotasr5 and @MKtaco98 at the Vintage Toyota meet it was good to hear you guys have little ones keeping you busy, I don't care where to go just want to go camping and explore I need to burn some vacation time.:steer::cheers:
@TYM4FUN @SIZZLE @surfpig @Haring Bagsik @jcardona1 @MaK92 4RnR @landcrshr
This is open to all who read this, it would be cool to have a group.

Last edited:
I need to get out. I’m in.

I’m down!

Next time I’ll be getting out is to go Christmas tree hunting if anyone wanted to get in on that.

Right now I’m not sure when but probably one of the first two weekends in December. Am trying to coordinate with another family so that might dictate when I can go.

I normally go to Mendocino but planning on El Dorado or Tahoe this year. I know a good spot but I think it got burned a couple years ago. If anyone has any intel that would be appreciated.

Let me know if any interest.

Pics from last year for Ss and Gs

16D709C1-E51F-4A58-BB3D-DCB862D62E57.jpeg
5D6B80D7-72FA-4D5F-9531-7E02044A48FE.jpeg

@SIZZLE is this just a day trip your planning? Hey I want those rims.:)

Next time I’ll be getting out is to go Christmas tree hunting if anyone wanted to get in on that.

Right now I’m not sure when but probably one of the first two weekends in December. Am trying to coordinate with another family so that might dictate when I can go.

I normally go to Mendocino but planning on El Dorado or Tahoe this year. I know a good spot but I think it got burned a couple years ago. If anyone has any intel that would be appreciated.

Let me know if any interest.
The rest of it got burned this year.

😥

Heading up to Truckee area to get a tree on Saturday if anyone interested. Never been to this area so going to check it out. I don’t think there’s going to be much wheeling tho. And I don’t know if the area has good trees or not. So I make no reps or warranties. How’s that for an invite? haha

It's finally March, so any of you guys ready for a road trip soon? There is a good chance of a super bloom in DV this year, I really want to see one in person.

Yeah, if it ends up being a super bloom I might have to drop everything and go! I missed the last one by a couple of weeks.

For years I’ve wanted to get out to Colorado and do the Alpine Loop. Maybe late this summer will be the time! Thought I’d put it in writing in order to manifest it.

@SIZZLE If it is a super bloom I can leave at the drop of a hat. :rofl:
Kidding aside I will bail if signs of the bloom is coming and I won't miss it this time.;)

extremely interested in salvaging this summer with some 3 day trips within a few hours of sacto. always good to have another rig along. I am actually thinking of hitting the road tomorrow -late notice-but any recommendations similar to Bowman road, sawmill lake and beyond. not a rock crawler with a spotter but all else is welcome. tough finding good spots sometimes.

extremely interested in salvaging this summer with some 3 day trips within a few hours of sacto. always good to have another rig along. I am actually thinking of hitting the road tomorrow -late notice-but any recommendations similar to Bowman road, sawmill lake and beyond. not a rock crawler with a spotter but all else is welcome. tough finding good spots sometimes.

Gold lake area, snake lake, sierra butte lookout tower, poker flats.. strawberry 4x4, usal road/beach on north coast, just to throw out a few…

It's finally March, so any of you guys ready for a road trip soon? There is a good chance of a super bloom in DV this year, I really want to see one in person.
Didn't happen this year. I was out there the week of 3/14 or something. I was possibly a week or two early. 395 was closed (too much snow!!!) so i had to go through Nevada on 95, which was pretty fun, actually. Rain, wind, I got snowed on. In Death valley! Got stuck in the mud, had to get pulled out... Awesome trip.

:lol:

Didn't happen this year. I was out there the week of 3/14 or something. I was possibly a week or two early. 395 was closed (too much snow!!!) so i had to go through Nevada on 95, which was pretty fun, actually. Rain, wind, I got snowed on. In Death valley! Got stuck in the mud, had to get pulled out... Awesome trip.

super bloom at folsom lake was pretty neat with all the blue flowers. It's my first year here so I didn't realize that it was a super bloom until I googled it later 😄

DV is on my list for this winter, but I know there's a ton of road damage to repair

super bloom at folsom lake was pretty neat with all the blue flowers. It's my first year here so I didn't realize that it was a super bloom until I googled it later 😄

DV is on my list for this winter, but I know there's a ton of road damage to repair
No question. The entire eastern Sierra right now is lush and green. It’s amazing.
My birthday, 3/14, Death Valley:

75B71686-6921-41EB-9F16-7F341C8CF534.jpeg

9FD1CFD4-AC3E-4EC7-9CFE-6EC0C50A1ABC.jpeg

3250F54E-B8B7-4B0D-AEF6-A054A68CA869.jpeg

Tulum. Oops.

• Haha
Reactions: CJK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom