Let the fun begin - again! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello ih8mudders!

My name is Chad from Las Vegas and I'm new to the TLC scene, but not Toyota. Just yesterday I picked up a 1990 FJ62 and I couldn't be more happy!! Did I pay too much? Check! Does it have ZERO rust? Check! Does it need a lift and bigger tires? Check Check! Here are some pics of my new beauty. She is a clean little girl. :p Also, below her, is the older sister that's for sale. Need to make room in the garage! Before I start asking questions, I will be spending the day searching for all the questions I have. Excited to be here and learn about my new Toy!

At the dealer: (i know, i know)

delivery.jpg

Can almost see wifey's IS250 in the reflection! Edit: Well you could w/o the flash! haha

badge.jpg

In the garage sleeping after a 200 mile drive home:

driverfront.jpg

Ka-leen Interior! (and manual windows and door locks! LOVE IT!)

frontseats.jpg

door.jpg

dash.jpg

The Toy that needs to go...

marlin.jpg

That thing is f-ing beautiful.

Nice!

:)

Wow.:smokin:

I don't think manny wins and locks was done by the PO. From what I could get out of the Stealership is it was an older, very rich man who traded it in. He bought the $72K version (09). So my guess, is this is some lower model that was not fully loaded??? I'm a newb to TLCs so I can't speak with certainty....yet.

Very clean! Another example of 4 eyed dominance!

Welcome :flipoff2:

Damn

That's one clean 62.
Welcome to mud:flipoff2:
4>2 :grinpimp:

-Carl

NO RUST?!!! This is unacceptable...:ban:

Nice find. Have fun!

Very nice and no, it isn't a lower model just because it doesn't have the electrics option. There were just a few options for the 62s, A/C and electrical windows, mirrors and locks among them. That it is a '90 without the power windows is a little unusual, though. Nice Hilux too!

Thanks all! I will ask here and hopefully avoid a new thread. I don't want to re-gear, but I want to run larger tires. Is there a size I can get on there without a lift, but would still look good with a lift? I was thinking 32 x 10.5s but I see some of you run 33 x 9.5. Or, do I lift the 2.5 OME and run 33s? I want to keep the stock rims too.

Thanks up front!!

33x10.50 BFG ATs on stock rims work with no lift and/or a small lift, little to no problem. Unfortunately, the BFG is about the only brand in that size. The size you mention would work but I think that most 32s are 11.50 wide. That would work too.

yup. Overhanger is right...

33x10.50 BFG ATs on stock rims work with no lift and/or a small lift, little to no problem. Unfortunately, the BFG is about the only brand in that size. The size you mention would work but I think that most 32s are 11.50 wide. That would work too.

I have 32/11.50s on my 40 and 33/10.50s on my 60. If you think you'll go through a set of tires before adding a lift...get the 32's. if you know the lift is eminent...go 33's. I had the 33's on my 60 with just extended shackles - worked just fine.

Nice color! :cheers:

33x10.50 BFG ATs on stock rims work with no lift and/or a small lift, little to no problem.

Works well, I just put them on my stock '89, definitely looks and feels much better.

How many miles??

Great purchase love the cranks. I saw this rig on craigslist the other day, listed as a "GX" what does that mean?

33x10.5 on stock rims and stock gears is fine. Stock suspension is fine too, but you'll want to throw some aal or a full lift on later just cuz its cool.

Nice color! :cheers:

Works well, I just put them on my stock '89, definitely looks and feels much better.

How many miles??

211K. I figure for a Toyota, it's just breaking in. Either that, or I can perfect my headgasket skill again on a different motor! :hillbilly:

I'll be going 33 x 10.5. That is an odd size, but it's an odd truck! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom