Leg Room (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just wondering how much leg room you JDM 5 speed guys have for your legs? My JDM is auto, with a foot rest where the clutch pedle would be, so it got me thinking... with a 5 speed, where do you rest your feet?

you don't...
i found that if i bend my long legs i can fit the Left leg behind the shifter but there is no where to stretch it out...

I took my seat out and looked for a way to get the seat back another 3 inches. It's possible, but not easy. I put the reclining portion back and I've gotten used to what would be called "cramped" in American trucks.

I'm 6'2", 265lbs, so I suppose if I can do it, anyone can.

I am 6 feet and was 308, momma got me eating better so now a slim 285. yup no place on a 60 either for your legs.

not many vehicles nowadays gives that space. My T100 I had was endless leg room, I could stretch completely out. my Golf believe it or not is the same. Seat fully aft and loads of room, then I need to pull the telescopic steering out towards me to reach the wheel. Very nice for long trips. No Toyota car has that space. niether does the tundra or sequoia. I test drove a tundra to replace my t100, kept thinking why did they wreak the leg room, pissed me off the whole time. Now I got a really cramped truck. But getting used to it. But the cruiser fits me width wise very nice :)

ha, good one. A moose a bear and a crusher....... i bet there are many large cruiser drivers out there. so we better not get to cocky, lol! The cruiser is made for the big boned fellows.

On the HJ 75 RH drives the foot usually ends up under the clutch[not in heavy traffic though]. Simply no where else if you want to partialy straighten your leg. I am only 5ft11in but the steering wheel is what I find most annoying it is adjustable but needs shifting 6 inches away from the driver.Really think the design was primarily for short ass Japs.The HZJ has a bit more room but its still cramped.

bigbrowndog said:
Really think the design was primarily for short ass Japs..
not quite politicaly correct but funny as hell...
morning...

don't know about the American Jeeps but i do know the Mits Jeeps are a tight but comfortable fit...

In my 73 and 70, I too find that there is not quite enough room for my leg leg and foot. I'm 6'5" and 250 lbs., and what I've found works well is that when I'm on the road and up to highway speeds, I take my left leg and wind the right foot behind my right heel. In that position, the bottom of my left foot rests against the door panel. It sounds wierd but it's quite comfortable for me. When I'm driving around town, I just put the left foot behind the clutch. I wouldn't trade these trucks and I fully realize there are shortcomings and accomodations with owning/operating one.

Well, I'm 6' and find my BJ74 uncomfortable on a long trip. I am planning on replacing the driver's seat with something really comfortable with side bolsters, and then building an underseat arrangement so that I can move the seat back several inches when the back seat is down. If the back seat is up for cargo, then I'll just have to tough it out. My Extra-Cab minitruck is a lot more comfortable than the BJ74.
~Bill Wilkinson

Since all of your trucks are soo uncomfortable how about my 5'8" self ; take the misery away by offering you $5 apiece for them. Your back will love me for it!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :cool:

My current ride is th BF's BJ74 and at first it was a little hard to get comfortable, with a bummed hip I really need the leg room to stretch. Knowing about the foot rest on the HJ61, was a concern regarding Leg Room, especially on the long haul. But hey guys.... SUCK IT UP - or lose weight.... :doh: All kidding aside, does anyone know if the foot rest can be removed for added leg room?

Cheers

Those foot rests (aka dead pedals) are actually quite handy. They attempt to place both feet at approx. the same angle and distance. It seems to help keep your hips aligned. (fitchik, does that dead pedal make your hips look big? :doh: )

:cool:
cruiserdash022.jpg

jpg021.jpg

pic of the interior of the Nissan Patrol interior, pretty squeezy too.

fitchik said:
My current ride is th BF's BJ74 and at first it was a little hard to get comfortable, with a bummed hip I really need the leg room to stretch. Knowing about the foot rest on the HJ61, was a concern regarding Leg Room, especially on the long haul. But hey guys.... SUCK IT UP - or lose weight.... :doh: All kidding aside, does anyone know if the foot rest can be removed for added leg room?

Cheers

You will like the foot rest. Thats what got me thinking about leg room. There is just enough of it in the 61 auto... so i was thinking, and seemingly rightly so, that with a clutch, you need to do some fancy foot work to be comfortable. The foot rest is a nice level place to rest the foot, a blessing, not a curse ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom