Left the Sun Roof Open. . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
. . .and it rained all night. Any suggestions on what to do to the leather to keep it from drying and cracking.

Leather? Shouldnt you be more concerned with getting all the moisture out so it doesnt destroy your wiring/electronics?

I'd leave the truck with the heat on to try and evacuate some moisture.

Like, sprinkled rain or Noah's flood? You may be replacing seat foam and carpet, unless you like mold. And like loud said, get a dryer going under the seats. There's a big harness that goes down each door sill and a pile of wiring under the console and pass. seat.

It was not Noahs flood by any means. I i think it was actually a hard rain for just a couple minutes as a small thunder cloud passed judging by how the road looked/ car looked. Mud on it was not even rinsed off from last weekend. Electronics did not seem saturated as most of the moisture was straight down through the sunroof. Everything worked fine as well on the way to work. The only thing that concerned me was that the steering wheel did not automatically readjust itself back to the driving position. However, all manual controls for it worked. I am thinking i will get in there whit a hair dryer tonight, then give the seats a good rubbing down with some leather conditioner.

any other suggestions.

pull your center console and make sure it's not wet down there. Lots of connections and wires running through there. I wouldn't drive it if its possibly got water on electrical circuits.

any thoughts on why the wheel wouldn't move automatically, but will move with the controls in all directions. Also, i do not think it was much water at all, there does not seem to be hardly any water under the console. the cup holder had no standing water in them, and i think this would be a good rain gauge for the whole event.

. . .but really?

Use an ozone generator. Amazon has them they will take out the mildew smell you will soon have.

Full heat with Aircon on to dry everything out. Keep it running for a few hours. Worked well after having left the windows open in a rental car in Orlando while visiting Disney World. Heavy rain for about an hour.

This may seem like a no-brainer, but make sure when you are drying everything out, that there is as much ventilation as possible. All windows, vents and sunroof should be open. If you are doing this in your garage, make sure your garage is well ventilated too.
Nothing will dry if the humitiy is too high.

Full heat with Aircon on to dry everything out. Keep it running for a few hours.

X2
"Windows closed", aircon on recirculate, high speed fan and full heat, aircon will remove the moisture.

Take seats out, dry carpet and electronics, re-install seats.

Only way to really make sure no moisture stays in and makes mold.

This thread is making me even more thankful I live in the desert. :lol:

ha, we had a rain storm about a hour ago. It was the heaviest rain I have ever seen in my life. First thing I thought about was this thread. I had my sunroof wide open coming back to school. I was praying...

(it was closed)

Probably too late to be of use but pulling the seats and center console is what id do. Huge pain in the ass but less than having major electrical problems and carpets replaced.

Also personally my first instinct would be to disconnect the neg battery terminal and rent some air blowers or better yet propane space heaters and leave all doors open...thats just me though and i might end up burning down the house...

Also some carpet cleaners have hand held attachments you could use to suck water out of carpet

(it was closed)

Lucky you. . . I think i am ok. the carpet is not even wet. I am just going to leave the heat blasting all day and go from there. i pulled the console, and it was not wet underneath it, and there is no water under the seats. It seems to be just a surface issue. The only thing that worries me is the steering wheel issue. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom