Left Front Popping ?!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is a strange issue. I had a very annoying popping sound coming from the front left side when turning left then right quickly (ie. Unloading then loading the left side.) Checked ball joint, hub bearing, steering rack, tie rod end/bushing....etc. The sound was just like a failed tie rod link.

After a full day of checking and dismantling, prying and jiggling I got nothing! Pulled the hub a part to retorque everything. Drove it for a few days and could swear it it got a little worse. I rebuilt the front 15k mi ago with no issues. Replaced everything from the diff to the wheel, upper and lower arms as well. Like most of you, my LC doesn't want for much.

I was to the point that I was going to drive it until something failed. After a week of loosing my mind with every pop I had to drive through some deep snow. Got stuck so I hit the rear and center lockers. On my drive home I noticed the pop was completely gone.

LC drives perfect. No other issues after 300 mi.

Any ideas what that was? Sound was defiantly coming from the front left side. Is there something in the diff that would have affected a noise on the left. I have open front diffs.

1998 LC 225k mi.

As time consuming as the search was it is always a good day when the LC fixes itself!

Thanks!

Did you ever figure this out? Mine is doing this suddenly.

Sounded like he just needed to engage everything for a good drive. Got everything all greased up. Wont hurt to take it offroad or to a wet grassy field and have fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom