LED Upgrade for 60's from Stedi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I've just finished a full LED upgrade of my 62 Series and thought I'd share it here! I created an entry on our vehicle selector for the old girl with all the bulbs I could find on the truck. I work for Stedi - but am posting here because I love our products and stand by them! We are all four wheel drive enthusiasts first and foremost here.

Besides the headlights, the dash lights are my favorite upgrade - the white light is so much nicer to look at while driving, and not blinding at all. The dimmer still works (down to say 20% and then drops off) and the spread is quite good. If you're married to the green tint I reckon a little piece of green rubber pealed from one of the factory bulbs might work well.

Tail and brake lights are a huge improvement in brightness, indicators too - but need to pop in a new relay to handle the low wattage (you can also use a resistor, but that defeats half the purpose of LED being easier on the alt) for now I'm just putting up with fast flashing indicators until I source an ebay relay made for LED.

I'm loving the old girl's volt meter running above 12v now (I know I need a new battery...) as the current draw is so much less than with the incandescent globes. Save some wear on the old wiring!

The headlights I'm running are our 7" Iris LED's and I cant tell you guys how much of an improvement they are from the H4 halogens. They are dear at $180 a piece - but worth it - the high beams are like a pair of spotlights! We also have H4 LED globes that are a big improvement as well - for a more standard upgrade.

Note that with those 7" Iris's the $25 canbus module is needed to resolve negative switching. Our normal H4 headlight globes work perfect on negative or positive switched assemblies - so nothing additional required.

All the little globes have a 2 year warranty too - and we will replace them if they have any issues. The 7" headlight and all our bars have 5 years warranty (even for you Yanks stateside!)

Here's a few pics of my 62 with the upgrades (and a few rocker switches that happen to fit PERFECT in the ash tray slot with our little rocker surrounds - and a link to Stedi's website with the new 60 Series option on the vehicle selector.

dash_60.jpg

White dash lights, really nice - no blue at all, just 5700k white.

switch_60.jpg
(dont get too jealous of my radio - handmade by me! Bluetooth, FM and Aux in, Stedi rocker switches and surrounds to fit the ash tray. Putting a winch double momentary switch on the left blank)

rear_60.jpg

Indicator, reverse and tail/brake light. (bottom globe is a duel "filament" globe)

2-pack-ba15s-1156-s25-p21w-p21w-7507-ledconv-ba15s-by-stedi-zzzzzcolor-wwwwwproduct-colorwwwww-42d.jpg

No dodgy little clusters here! These are our BA15 globes (single, and duel brightness available) solid as a rock.

front_60.jpg

7" Iris headlight - I've ignored the DRL function on mine. And BA15s LED parking light on the left. Just barely fits but it fits!

Cool. I will check out the site.

Neat stuff. You should consider supporting this site as a vender if you’re going to advertise your own products in a tech section.

Hey guys, I've just finished a full LED upgrade of my 62 Series and thought I'd share it here! I created an entry on our vehicle selector for the old girl with all the bulbs I could find on the truck. I work for Stedi - but am posting here because I love our products and stand by them! We are all four wheel drive enthusiasts first and foremost here.

Besides the headlights, the dash lights are my favorite upgrade - the white light is so much nicer to look at while driving, and not blinding at all. The dimmer still works (down to say 20% and then drops off) and the spread is quite good. If you're married to the green tint I reckon a little piece of green rubber pealed from one of the factory bulbs might work well.

Tail and brake lights are a huge improvement in brightness, indicators too - but need to pop in a new relay to handle the low wattage (you can also use a resistor, but that defeats half the purpose of LED being easier on the alt) for now I'm just putting up with fast flashing indicators until I source an ebay relay made for LED.

I'm loving the old girl's volt meter running above 12v now (I know I need a new battery...) as the current draw is so much less than with the incandescent globes. Save some wear on the old wiring!

The headlights I'm running are our 7" Iris LED's and I cant tell you guys how much of an improvement they are from the H4 halogens. They are dear at $180 a piece - but worth it - the high beams are like a pair of spotlights! We also have H4 LED globes that are a big improvement as well - for a more standard upgrade.

Note that with those 7" Iris's the $25 canbus module is needed to resolve negative switching. Our normal H4 headlight globes work perfect on negative or positive switched assemblies - so nothing additional required.

All the little globes have a 2 year warranty too - and we will replace them if they have any issues. The 7" headlight and all our bars have 5 years warranty (even for you Yanks stateside!)

Here's a few pics of my 62 with the upgrades (and a few rocker switches that happen to fit PERFECT in the ash tray slot with our little rocker surrounds - and a link to Stedi's website with the new 60 Series option on the vehicle selector.

View attachment 1824699
White dash lights, really nice - no blue at all, just 5700k white.

View attachment 1824700 (dont get too jealous of my radio - handmade by me! Bluetooth, FM and Aux in, Stedi rocker switches and surrounds to fit the ash tray. Putting a winch double momentary switch on the left blank)

View attachment 1824701
Indicator, reverse and tail/brake light. (bottom globe is a duel "filament" globe)

2-pack-ba15s-1156-s25-p21w-p21w-7507-ledconv-ba15s-by-stedi-zzzzzcolor-wwwwwproduct-colorwwwww-42d.jpg

No dodgy little clusters here! These are our BA15 globes (single, and duel brightness available) solid as a rock.

View attachment 1824702
7" Iris headlight - I've ignored the DRL function on mine. And BA15s LED parking light on the left. Just barely fits but it fits!
Neat stuff. You should consider supporting this site as a vender if you’re going to advertise your own products in a tech section.

Last edited:

Thanks for the tip mate! I'll pass it on and see if the guys are interested - wasn't intending to post an ad as much as sharing that I've added the 60 to the work website!

Its amazing how many variations of this lamp housing with LED configurations are on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom