LED Turn Signals (front & rear) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok,
So I have installed new turn signals front and rear in my 40 and now they come on and stay on as opposed to flashing..I know they are not drawing enough current, tried a light duty flasher and got nothing..So here's my thought would a load resistor help and if so where should I wire it up at? (maybe two one inline on both sides?) Let me know what you guys think and I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance! Ray

Don't mess with resistors...

get an electronic two-pole flasher. Just a few bucks at any autoparts store. I found one in a display at my local pep boys.

It flashes at the same speed no matter what kind or how many turn signal bulbs I have.

:beer:
Alright..Bought two different electronic flashers today and neither of them helped..I hooked up a headlight bulb to the mechanical flasher to make sure it wasn't something else and they flashed fine! Any suggestions of what I could be doing wrong?!!?
:doh:

sounds like not enough current to load it down like you mentioned. add a 1k resistor in serious to led.....and see what happens.

Electronic flashers don't need load they flash regardless.

X2 I had to install an electric flasher and trailer light adapter for my new rears since mine has the new style lights :doh:. Make sure it is hooked up right or it will not flash but if you have an electric hooked up properly it will flash so long as ANYTHING is connected since it does not require a load but a current ;)

Also it shouldn't make a difference if you put your resistors up stream or down stream of your led's, either way they are in series. Just use one if your need to increase the load.

X2. An electronic flasher will flash no matter what the load. It sounds like you didn't get an electronic flasher.

If you would rather add a resistor, it needs to be in parallel with the LED (eg connected to the + side of the lamp and ground) although it doesn't matter where. The resistance and wattage needs to be similar to that of a 12V bulb, so it is just easier to use a bulb as a resistor.

make sure it is an electronic flasher that works with LEDs tried two different electronic flashers from the local shcucks and they didnt work...went with one from www.superbrightleds.com just my 2 cents
brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom